MFWS and Phone kit not avail on manual VRS?

CnSky

Went and spec'd up my new VRS TDI Manual with every option and from what I can tell you CANT get Multifunction Steering wheel or Bluetooth phone system on the manual is this true?

Also is the colombus sat nav system the same as the VW RNS 510 system with all the functions including phone integration? I'm assuming if i can select the phone option then this function inst enabled..any idea??

Any info or a link to all the colombus system info would be great.

Seems daft that they wouldn't let manual drivers select the MFSW and phone system it will stop me buying the car if thats the case.

I think you are correct on the MFSW with manual

BUT

I bought my manual vRS 170 last October and it has got Bluetooth handsfree as stamdard emoticon-0148-yes.gif

You are right it isn't available on the manual (in the UK anyway). The Columbus is the RNS-510 but the bluetooth is totally seperate.

Vec does the Bluetooth work through the head unit...by any chance do you have colombus sat nav fitted ...in the Colomubus manual it states that phone button will only work if optional phone extra is installed.

If i knew the full colombus phone system worked on screen I could live without MFSW...

Also wondering if your bluetooth/phone sys allows you to transfer contacts to the head unit..or is that only with the colomubus head unit?

I noted that if I use the configurator and select the DSG version then there are two new options MFSW and Phone install...they are not available on the manual config page.

By the way my dealer offered me a great trade in on my TT 1k higher than audi or VW garages and will honor it in 12 weeks when the car arrives if I order soon but dont want to do it until I get to the bottom of this bluetooth/phone issue.

I had your problem a year ago but eventually spent the money on the DSG box. Ironically that left me without the cash for the bluetooth and RNS510 but on reflection my phone works fine via the auxiliary audio input, it has a very competent GPS with full postcode and cost me nothing (bizzo phone). So my man-logic went completely awry for a bit but in the end I saved a few quid and got the DSG box (plus MFSW) which has far more toys to play with.

The bluetooth kit had all sorts of problems with phone compatibility at the time too, might be better now but I can't confirm that.

I also saw on the configuator a week ago that you could change the steering wheel to a three spoke MFSW as an option on DSG but today it has disappeared......It appeared the 5 spoke MFSW was standard on DSG and 3 spoke was optional but they have now made the 3 spoke standard and dumped the 5 spoke.

Very confusing and dealers seem lost also.

If they have a 3 spoke MFSW why not offer it as option on Manual VRS and use a seperate unit for flappy paddles... bad design if you ask me and must be affecting sales of manuals?

This is what it says on standard equipment config for DSG VRS today......"""""'vRS' 3 spoke leather sports steering wheel (multi-function controls for radio and paddle shift - DSG only)"""

Maybe we are about to see a new option on the manual VRS also? have they redesigned it with separate paddles perhaps?

Vec does the Bluetooth work through the head unit...by any chance do you have colombus sat nav fitted ...in the Colomubus manual it states that phone button will only work if optional phone extra is installed.

If i knew the full colombus phone system worked on screen I could live without MFSW...

AH,

I missed the part about bluetooth/columbus

I have Bluetooth/Bolero

So I cannot answer this for you.

Can the dealer tell you or not?

my dealer (Tarrants could tell me it was standard with Bolero) maybe a few phone calls to different dealers to enquire??

Sorry I cannot be of more help