Octavia VRS Diesel Best Price?

What seems to be the most money off a Diesel Octavia VRS (brand new) at the moment? Are there any recommended dealers who give best prices? The dealer location would not be an issue it could be anywhere in the UK.

I've done a deal today on a CR vRS hatch, blue, xenons, rear PDC, MDI, maxidot, auto lights, mirror and wipers for the equivalent of about 15% off list (£22955) so £19500 - with Palmers in Watford.

This is far from the pre VAT increase price I know but the car was sat, unregistered, in their showroom and ready to go so would probably worked out cheaper than waiting the optomistic 6 months from factory. I get it next week on an 11 plate! :rofl:

Edited by Chubbs

Not bad! Got mine for 16k with a few options get it in 2 weeks after a 3 1/2 month wait.

Rather wait than pay the extra TBH

The price you got is no longer available.

Would be interesting to know who's doing the best deal on a factory order diesel, as there is no longer any discount on these.

The price you got is no longer available.

Would be interesting to know who's doing the best deal on a factory order diesel, as there is no longer any discount on these.

As above I think 15% is a good starting point!

As above I think 15% is a good starting point!

Yes, but your car wasn't a factory order, you managed to find a car that the dealer had bought with the VAT free deal, some of that saving was passed on to you.

Great for you, no question, but not much use to anyone wanting to order a diesel car today and choose their own options.

So, the question remains, who's doing the best price for a factory order diesel? DTD, Carfile or someone else?

Edited by Lou_O

Yes, but your car wasn't a factory order, you managed to find a car that the dealer had bought with the VAT free deal, some of that saving was passed on to you.

Great for you, no question, but not much use to anyone wanting to order a diesel car today and choose their own options.

So, the question remains, who's doing the best price for a factory order diesel? DTD, Carfile or someone else?

I looked at DTD website the other day and they won't even give you a price for a diesel car, whatever the model. :no:

Don't know if this is the same for Carfile and other online retailers?

As with previous threads the general consensus appears to be local dealers will usually beat any other quote for the business. I guess it's a case of ringing around - I phoned 15 dealers before I dropped on the vRS with the spec I was looking for.

I spoke to one other dealer today and when he looked on their computer system he told me there was a black hatch with xenons available. This changes daily and it's worth a few phonecalls - anyone wanting your business will look for the car you want, as they are still arriving from the factory, spec dependant of course, and beat any other quote.

There are always cancelled orders and ones like mine where dealers are holding on to them. There are more out there than you think it just takes a bit of investigaton.

Contrary to popular belief Skoda are desperate for business - you only have to look at the tactics they are using, along with all main manufacturers, for servicing business.

What colour and spec do you want? I may know of one available from recent chats with dealers. :thumbup:

This may be breaking forum rules, but I'm not actually selling my car.

Moderators - if I'm breaking rules - apologies. Please delete. But just trying to help a potential owner out.

I have a Candy White VRS CR170 DSG Hatch on order - being built this week, delivery in March to dealer in Kent.

Options ordered are Xenons, Rear PDC, bluetooth steering wheel(has MF wheel already as DSG), auto lights/wipers/dimming rear view mirror, spare wheel and paint treatment for £19,999 OTR.

Due to my circumstances changing while waiting for the car to be built(!) it looks like I won't need it now. I'm sure my dealer will let me cancel so he has a car he can sell for a profit, but if somebody wanted this car I'll pass it on for my deposit (£500), no profit/dealing on my part.

PM me if interested.

This may be breaking forum rules, but I'm not actually selling my car.

Moderators - if I'm breaking rules - apologies. Please delete. But just trying to help a potential owner out.

I have a Candy White VRS CR170 DSG Hatch on order - being built this week, delivery in March to dealer in Kent.

Options ordered are Xenons, Rear PDC, bluetooth steering wheel(has MF wheel already as DSG), auto lights/wipers/dimming rear view mirror, spare wheel and paint treatment for £19,999 OTR.

Due to my circumstances changing while waiting for the car to be built(!) it looks like I won't need it now. I'm sure my dealer will let me cancel so he has a car he can sell for a profit, but if somebody wanted this car I'll pass it on for my deposit (£500), no profit/dealing on my part.

PM me if interested.

See what I mean! :)

I looked at DTD website the other day and they won't even give you a price for a diesel car, whatever the model. :no:

Don't know if this is the same for Carfile and other online retailers?

As with previous threads the general consensus appears to be local dealers will usually beat any other quote for the business. I guess it's a case of ringing around - I phoned 15 dealers before I dropped on the vRS with the spec I was looking for.

I spoke to one other dealer today and when he looked on their computer system he told me there was a black hatch with xenons available. This changes daily and it's worth a few phonecalls - anyone wanting your business will look for the car you want, as they are still arriving from the factory, spec dependant of course, and beat any other quote.

There are always cancelled orders and ones like mine where dealers are holding on to them. There are more out there than you think it just takes a bit of investigaton.

Contrary to popular belief Skoda are desperate for business - you only have to look at the tactics they are using, along with all main manufacturers, for servicing business.

What colour and spec do you want? I may know of one available from recent chats with dealers. :thumbup:

Standard Racing blue with rear parking for immediate delivery.

Edited by Sylvian

Standard Racing blue with rear parking for immediate delivery.

I know Capitol Skoda in Newport have a standard race blue with rear parking sensors - this was bought pre-VAT hike and has been registered but not turned a wheel. On the Skoda UK website - used car section - up for £18995 but I know you could get good money off this one (at least £1000) as I nearly bought it because of the deal they offered. Ask for Craig Walters - 01633 636463.

If memory serves me correctly there is also a race blue at Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield - can't remember if this had the rear sensors but they can easily be retro-fitted by the dealer for reasonable money. Ask for Pete on 0843 3096217.

If that fails try:-

Wayside - 01908 851010

Jewsons - 0844 8462151

Beadles - 08442484095

I can't recall specifics at the last three but they seem to stick in my mind, all very helpful, but you should be good for the first two.