Powerflex Console Bushes

Hi, I've read a lot of posts and the How-To (good work) on lower wishbone bush jobs. Not many have written about their experience with the newer Powerflex 85-602 2 part front wisbone rear bush. (85-602 fitting instructions)

I want to fit this bush for: easier fitting, tighter steering feel, never replace it again. Oh, and the current stock ones are shot!

But, is it possible to 'push it in' or 'tap in it' or will I require the 'threaded bar and washers' tool to pull it in like you have to the Cupra one? The guide suggests it pushes in... anyone done this at all? What's the verdict on the car afterwards?

Thanks,

Andy.

The bush you are getting is a two part 'rotational bush.' No alignment of these bushes is required, as the inner hex portion rotates inside the outer part. No special tools needed to fit these, a hide mallet will drive the outer bush into the console.

Now the bad news. The original (and the updated) bushes from Skoda, are designed to twist with wishbone movement. The poly bush will wear an oval, between inner and outer, depending on the shear rating, as the inner rotates with the wishbone, while the outer bush remains fixed. This will result in rear end play (vertical plain) of the wishbone. Considering the weight of the front of the car, I would suspect these bushes will wear out in no time.

I've recently fitted the uprated OEM Skdoda ones and i've got to say the difference is substantial. I can't say i would want them much harsher, and mines on 1.9tdi oem bouncy suspension! There's little to no play in the front wheels now (as opposed to when i had my old ones in the wheel would move around a fair amount), for example now i can drive along the tramlines in sheffield (they run with the road before you say anything :)) and the car doesn't try and follow them. Best £70 i've spent in a long time!

Thanks very much :)

I get exactly what you're saying Moggy, so I'll just have to put my trust in Powerflex's R&D and testing expertise, and hope they last a little longer than the originals! If they don't, at least I'll know how to change them again... maybe for the revised OEM ones on Simon's reccommendation.

Andy.