Turbo not working intermittently

Hopefully someone has come across this before...

Going to arrange to see R-Tech when paid but just in case this is a common problem....

When starting the car from cold it starts fine when when I go to accelerate I have noticed a few times that the turbo doesn't seem to kick in then when I stop at a junction the car cuts out. restart it and turbo working!! Any ideas?

I see the MAF mentioned a few times and presume this is the mass air flow thingymebob but have no idea where this is.

could be going into limp mode. Nick at R-tech will look after you bud. Have you scanned the car for fault codes? I wouldn't replace parts unless you've got relevent fault codes. Like I said R-tech will sort you out :thumbup:

No, not scanned for fault codes. is this something Rtech can do?

Yes they can but much cheaper if you do it,I would say your n75 or the throttle body....

I hate to admit this but my mechanical knowledge is pants to say the least! Will attempt the thottle body when I get chance as I have been pointed in the right direction of how to do it! And an n75 is? (try not to laugh!)

The gasket for the throttle bosy, I presume that's from main dealer only?

Briliant! I did the throttle body today. It wasn't too bad and I have only nipped to the shops but no stalling or lack of turbo and did seem smoother (Possibly my imagination!)

Does a dirty throttle body cause that many problems?