Yeti 1.2 TSI battery question

manespet

Hello to all members of Briskoda community!

I am expecting my Yeti 1.2 TSI Experience (muscovado B)) + optional equipment in one month (it is confirmed that the car will be put to production line in week 12).

According to info from my dealer the battery in the car will be 44 Ah. Now I am asking you for help: is this battery powerfull enough to serve all consuming parts (Bi-Xenon lights, heated front windscreen, parking assistant, Bolero radio). I find this battery rather weak for the jobs mentioned.

Any oppinion or suggestion welcome.

Best regards, M.

Edited by manespet

Hello to all members of Briskoda community!

I am expecting my Yeti 1.2 TSI Experience (muscovado B)) + optional equipment in one month (it is confirmed that the car will be put to production line in week 12).

According to info from my dealer the battery in the car will be 44 Ah. Now I am asking you for help: is this battery powerfull enough to serve all consuming parts (Bi-Xenon lights, heated front windscreen, parking assistant, Bolero radio). I find this battery rather weak for the jobs mentioned.

Any oppinion or suggestion welcome.

Best regards, M.

Pozdravljeni Manespet!

I have a 1.2TSI (SE model) with the DSG automatic gearbox. Our battery is a Varta 12 V - 60Ah - 280A DIn / 480A En/SAE.

This may be larger than that supplied to cars with a manual box, but in my experiance manufacturers supply different batteries according to the needs of the electrical requirement for the particular vehicle. So if they think it needs a certain size of battery, that is what they will supply. I really don't think you need to worry. I hope you enjoy your Yeti when it arrives. Happy motoring!

Najlepše želje......................Tony

THE GREAT YETI

smiley-transport011.gif

Lets be honest, in modern cars with alternaters all the battery is is a reservoir to hold charge for the starter motor. General "running" electricity is more than adequately supplied by the alt, so don't worry.

Pozdravljeni Manespet!

I have a 1.2TSI (SE model) with the DSG automatic gearbox. Our battery is a Varta 12 V - 60Ah - 280A DIn / 480A En/SAE.

This may be larger than that supplied to cars with a manual box, but in my experiance manufacturers supply different batteries according to the needs of the electrical requirement for the particular vehicle. So if they think it needs a certain size of battery, that is what they will supply. I really don't think you need to worry. I hope you enjoy your Yeti when it arrives. Happy motoring!

Najlepše želje......................Tony

THE GREAT YETI

smiley-transport011.gif

Tony,

najlepša hvala za odgovor (Tony, thank you very much for your answer).

Ali si morda Slovenec (Are you maybe Slovene)?

OK, I won't worry any more and I hope the manufacturer is aware of this matter.

Lets be surprised :o

M.

Tony,

najlepša hvala za odgovor (Tony, thank you very much for your answer). My Pleasure

Ali si morda Slovenec (Are you maybe Slovene)? No - British (with Google to translate for me)

OK, I won't worry any more and I hope the manufacturer is aware of this matter. Excellent!

Lets be surprised :oOh! you will be!!!!emoticon-0148-yes.gif

M.

Z Prijateljstvo............Tony

• 1 month later...

It's all OK, the supplied battery is a Varta 12 V - 60Ah - 280A.

M.

Pozdravljeni Manespet!

Good to hear from you and that all is OK! Now all you must do is imajo dober čas

Z Prijateljstvo............Tony