1.8T chain tensioner faulty from factory

Alvo

Hello all!

I want any response about what title says, because this is making me worry. OK, the story: I was at local Skoda dealership after usual 60k maintenance parts and started to chat with tech guy about my 1.8 TFSI (BZB) engine. I asked him about any known standard faults. He told that this engine is pretty OK, but there is known problem with hydraulic chain tensioner for engines older than end of 2010. These tensioners with part number 06H109467L or 06H109467N is likely to fail, loosen chain, chain jumps over sprockets and engine is doomed... He told that now (after 01.10.2010.) factory released fixed tensioners with part number 06H109467T which are much more reliable and I should replace my tensioner with this new one.

I heard this only from one guy and want more confirmation or denial from you guys. Right now I have feeling like I'm driving on time bomb :S

p.s. He also told that they already have experience with one 1.8 TFSI which has gone exactly that way here in Latvia (at 30000 km :o )