How to remove mirror cover on FL VRS?

Chaps,

Mirror casing on my FL VRS has been damaged at some point before I owned the car, and someone has touched-up the damage with the correct colour but perhaps hasn't made the best of jobs (trying to put this as diplomatically as I can since the previous owner still posts on here!)

Bought a new mirror cover from Skoda and rob_e said it's just a matter of pointing the glass at the ground, getting your finger in behind the glass and pulling but i've tried that and it doesn't seem to want to budge. Bit aprehensive to put a bit more pressure on it incase I crack/break the glass.

Is this the correct method?

Cheers!

Well, after posting the above I decided to go out and give it another try, sure that I was going to break the glass. Give it a bit more pressure and out it popped.

Pulled off the two connectors for the heated glass and then unscrewed the 2 torx screws and bish bash bosh 2 mins later and the new cover (or cap as the Skoda parts guy called it) was on and the mirror back in.

Well, after posting the above I decided to go out and give it another try, sure that I was going to break the glass. Give it a bit more pressure and out it popped.

Pulled off the two connectors for the heated glass and then unscrewed the 2 torx screws and bish bash bosh 2 mins later and the new cover (or cap as the Skoda parts guy called it) was on and the mirror back in.

Do it when the outside temperature is warm or try blowing a little WARM air (swMbo's hairdryer set on low) in around the glass before popping it out. It helps the clips give!

Just a tip that I find works emoticon-0148-yes.gif............Hope it helps.Tony

Edited by Great Yeti