Think ive buggered the vrs

last night driving home i was accelerating on the motorway and suddenly heard a thud and lost power for approx 5 seconds, then the traction control light came on. i pulled over and let it cool down then tried turning the engine off and starting it again and it stays on permanently. strangley i started the car this morning and now the engine managment light comes on too (it didnt come on last night)

any ideas anyone????

last night driving home i was accelerating on the motorway and suddenly heard a thud and lost power for approx 5 seconds, then the traction control light came on. i pulled over and let it cool down then tried turning the engine off and starting it again and it stays on permanently. strangley i started the car this morning and now the engine managment light comes on too (it didnt come on last night)

any ideas anyone????

need a code reader to see what comes up or take it in and have it read...cheaper to buy on e off ebay £22

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAG-405-DIAGNOSTIC-FAULT-CODE-READER-VW-AUDI-GROUP-/120703151679?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1c1a77ee3f

Been using this ages, my friend at work has a 1.9TD passat and he cant fault this product either.... really is spot on.

Thanks for the advice, ive just bought one. :thumbup:

Edited by VRS Dyson

have u tried updating it yet ? just that the ad states " update via internet " ... wondering if it actually is :wonder:

i know what the ad states ... but we tried it anyway cus its the OBD2 system or whatever and it worked.... he fitted a supercharger from a mini cooper S onto his mazda

• 1 month later...

well the new airflow meter purchased by the garage from skoda has given up!

same symptoms as before, i have put the vag reader on and it says 'mass airflow meter, current too low'

its been running ok for about 5 weeks, the only thing i have done is removed the plastic air intake from the bottom half of the air box and fitted a 3" air feed into the box from the front grill. The grill has the diamonds cut out were the pipe sits.

im wondering if the wiring to the airflow meter is at fault?

well the new airflow meter purchased by the garage from skoda has given up!

same symptoms as before, i have put the vag reader on and it says 'mass airflow meter, current too low'

its been running ok for about 5 weeks, the only thing i have done is removed the plastic air intake from the bottom half of the air box and fitted a 3" air feed into the box from the front grill. The grill has the diamonds cut out were the pipe sits.

im wondering if the wiring to the airflow meter is at fault?

Can anyone help?

thanks

I would take a look at the wiring.

Or... Make sure the garage have actually bought a genuine skoda or bosch meter. The cheap ebay copies are garbage from what I've heard.

Be sure it is NOT sucking in **** and hitting the sensor in MAF......

it has a pipercross filter in the std air box, it seems to be fitted correctly unless the filter is letting things through.

it only runs like crap after a while when the engine managment light comes on aswell as the traction control light. i will try it with the maf unplugged and i will clear the codes and see if it runs any different.

it was a genuine skoda maf, i had to wait while they fitted it. it was all packaged up with the skoda label and partnumber on it.

Edited by VRS Dyson