Dipping exterior mirrors

GJay

Well got the memory element of my electric seats working now after a trip to the dealer. Although it's a pain that they cannot be store beyond a 102 degree incline (feels like I want about 110 degrees, 102 just feels too upright for me). But I can live with that, little dab of the back switch required after the memory sets.

But it looks like my exterior mirror is not dipping when I select reverse. Yes, I've RTFM, switched the ignition on, turned the knob to 'R' selected reverse, set the dip down and then took it out of reverse. All per the manual. But, when I select reverse in normal driving, the mirror does not dip (or move) at all. I've checked through Maxidot and there is a 'mirror dipping' function in there also. That was ticked. Looking at the manual it mentions both the maxidot function (and suggests that it should dip the exterior mirror when selecting reverse) and another section suggesting going through the process I've detailed above. Neither seems to do anything.

Another trip back to the dealer or is there something I'm missing?

I have a '60' plate Yeti Kitten and I picked up on 1st September last year, would our mirror dip too??

We don't have the electric seat option in Ivor. :no: (that option was introduced after we collected him.

We would have liked the electric seats, but are VERY VERY happy with the sunroof. (At least I am, Kitten is a bit ambivalent about it).

You also need to enable the dipping in the maxidot. I got fed up with it in the end and disabled it on my Superb. Because I dont look over my shoulder when reversing (years of driving vans with no back windows) I use my mirrors when reversing, and not having full visibility in both mirrors makes reversing very difficult.