Swing to Columbus

I'm upgrading to a columbus headunit

from foto-1580.jpg

to

58c2e135b44bf3c6c888cc1a38672a31.jpg

before you say anything the photos are from google !!

my question is that when upgrading are there any changes required to the front fascia or is it just removing the old and adding the new ??

Also I'm updating to a parking controller 1Z0 919 475 B ( only have rear sensors )to get the ops on the columbus screen do i require any additional wiring to the CAN Gateway or is it just a direct swap ?

My CAN Gateway =1K0 907 530 S

revision= H16

Edited by pz1811

Well the fascia has to be changed if updating to columbus from swing !!!!

However not to be changed if updating to a bolero head unit .......

No idea about the parking sensors though !!!

Anyone who s done a retrofit...please help me out if possible ...I need the parking sensors to be displayed on the screen !!

I'm thinking of the same, however trying to find the fascia number is hard work. Mine doesn't have Climatic Control just the manual heater x switches and air con buttons... HELP :-)

Also, mines a 55 plate so what Can Gatweay do you need? (sorry to hijack your Thread)...

However not to be changed if updating to a bolero head unit .......

No idea about the parking sensors though !!!

Anyone who s done a retrofit...please help me out if possible ...I need the parking sensors to be displayed on the screen !!

Have a quick look at these, i fitted some to a friends car recently and tied them into his aftermarket HU and they were fantastic, displaying image and distance on the HU. They say they can be intergrated into OEM equipment and are a lot cheaper than other options i've seen.

http://www.steel-mate.co.uk/acatalog/Camera_Kit.html

I'm thinking of the same, however trying to find the fascia number is hard work. Mine doesn't have Climatic Control just the manual heater x switches and air con buttons... HELP :-)

Also, mines a 55 plate so what Can Gatweay do you need? (sorry to hijack your Thread)...

1Z0858069B9B9

front fascia part number

This mabbe the front fascia part number ...me too have manual controls and brushed aluminium finish..

However I'm not very sure if this is the exact part number ..but its in this series for sure..!!

Also the CAN gateway number I have posted in the 1st post is correct and doesnt have any battery drainage issues ( as confirmed by mikeholroyd) however I still dont have confirmation about it's compatibility for the parking sensors.!

HTH

Edited by pz1811

<br />i have fitted the front and rear sensors to my car it is 2006 and i needed to fit a new can gateway, if you want anymore info message me and ill give you my number and we can chat<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Which CAN GATEWAY have you updated to .????