1.2Tsi high oil useage?

kibby

Normally used to putting little or no oil in my previous cars up to 10000 miles.

My 1.2 Tsi DSG has had 650ml in about 3700 miles which equals about 5600 miles/litre

of Castrol Edge 5-30w fully synthetic.

This seems on the high side...what are you all getting??.

Should I refer it to dealer..does it useage diminish when it is fully run in (now onwards)??

Car is driven conservatively with no excessive acceleration with a mix of 10/20 and 70/100 mile trips.

Normally used to putting little or no oil in my previous cars up to 10000 miles.

My 1.2 Tsi DSG has had 650ml in about 3700 miles which equals about 5600 miles/litre

of Castrol Edge 5-30w fully synthetic.

This seems on the high side...what are you all getting??.

Should I refer it to dealer..does it useage diminish when it is fully run in (now onwards)??

Car is driven conservatively with no excessive acceleration with a mix of 10/20 and 70/100 mile trips.

I got the same 4-5 litres in 200000 miles

Drive it like you stole it.!:yes:

To bed in piston rings I assume you mean...Does this reduce consumption??

Shame to give it the welly for no good reason.

Has it used 650ml gradually through out the 3,700 miles or did it use the majority of that 650ml in the first 1,000 miles by chance?

Put in about 300ml at 2000 miles to top up to maximum level then 350ml at 3700 miles to top up to maximum again. So appears fairly even useage throughout the 3700 miles as far as I can tell.

Wasn't expecting to use any during the first 3700 miles. New to Skoda cars!!

Run in using the recommended procedure with no excessive welly!!

Edited by kibby

Put in about 300ml at 2000 miles to top up to maximum level then 350ml at 3700 miles to top up to maximum again. So appears fairly even useage throughout the 3700 miles as far as I can tell.

Wasn't expecting to use any during the first 3700 miles. New to Skoda cars!!

Run in using the recommended procedure with no excessive welly!!

Hi kibby

my 1.2 has only had 300ml in 11+k which i put in at around 7or8k to bring it up to the mark before i drove up to Yorkshire still on the mark now.

Regards running in never did it, swmbo is the gentle on the rpm but i like to play with the turbo so it had a mix of driving from new. all my new cars have been treated this way and none have used any oil, so perhaps yours just need a little revving to bed it all in, not long thrashing but hard acceleration away from junctions.

I'm sure lee will be along soon his was nearly running on oil

regards kevin

here i am, in 8000 miles mine has been back to the dealer with the oil light flashing empty!!...it has been refilled 3 times!!!!...car was driven as per manual to bed in and isnt the only new car/bike ive had and non did this, told dealer i arnt happy at all and have threatened to drive said yeti thru there showroom window.....id imagine dipstick is low again, and i aint checking it!!! if it fails its there problem as ive expressed my concerns from new!!!

here i am, in 8000 miles mine has been back to the dealer with the oil light flashing empty!!...it has been refilled 3 times!!!!...car was driven as per manual to bed in and isnt the only new car/bike ive had and non did this, told dealer i arnt happy at all and have threatened to drive said yeti thru there showroom window.....id imagine dipstick is low again, and i aint checking it!!! if it fails its there problem as ive expressed my concerns from new!!!

Kawasaki's were oil users even from new.