First 100km - Superb Combi Elegance Greenline

Well, finally after a 10 week wait I took delivery of my new Superb.

Elegance Combi Greenline 1.6CR

Rosso Brunello

Options - TPI & Hill hold, Sparewheel

I must say I am very impressed with the whole thing. My previous car was a MKV Golf GTI DSG which I have had for three years from new. I loved that car, it had everything i needed at the time including excellent performace, but now things have changed, 2 year old daughter and 3 year old black labrador, moving to house in the country.

After looking at estates from the Volvo V70, Insignia, Passat, Mondeo etc .. I landed in the new Pilsen dealership in Dublin after christmas and was blown away by the price and spec of the Superb.

After patiently waiting 10 weeks I drove out of the dealer yesterday evening a happy man.

I had a couple of concerns, mainly the engine choice and the colour! I wanted something different colourwise and choose the Rosso Brunello and must admit having doubts over the last week, but when I saw it in the delivery bay yesterday I knew I picked the right colour for me.

My iPhone 3gs connected first time in about 10 seconds, perfect sound and simple to use, the SAT NAV is simple to use and the maps actually have my street on it, my TomTom maps on the iphone still does not. I haven't had a chance to sit down and read the manual properly yet so I will figure out how to stop that loud bong when it connects to the phone and disconnects!

The engine on the other hand, moving from a 200bhp pocket rocket to a 105bhp barge take a bit of getting used to. Over the first 100km of rural, motorway and urban driving I have found it more than adquate. I find it needs a bit of working through the gears but with a bit of experience I think I will find its sweet spots. Oh ... and it sips juice, I reckon based on my typical motoring I will be saving about €250 per month between tax and fuel costs immediatly.

That is a considerable saving over three or fours years of ownership !

In my office two lads have just taken delivery of 520d and they are very impressed by the skoda .. and can't believe the price point.

I will admit to being a badge snob up until recently and that is firmly in the past, even my father in law got thinking, he is due to change his A5 soon, and had been looking at A6 / A7 4x4 .. he now is looking for a test drive in the superb 4x4 (or even the scout) ....

I will keep you posted on my thoughts on it and obviously bombard with questions on bits and pieces ...

Thanks for the review.

The key question is "how is your lab adjusting to the Superb Combi?" :smirk:

The Lab? hasn't a clue what to be doing with all the space !!! i'll have to sort out the luggage guards to make a living room, and bedroom area for him in the boot !!!

he now is looking for a test drive in the superb 4x4 (or even the scout) ....

I LOVE my 4x4 Estate. It's a better-looking audi A6, with the same engine and 4x4 system, a bigger boot, better specced, and loads of coin left in your pocket!

The scout is currently only in the Octavia.

Al.