OEM wiring loom colours & pins for stereos

fabdavrav

Following info. from Skoda, VW, Haynes, Pioneer, and personal experience! Use this as a guide only!! emoticon-0144-nod.gif

There are two main DIN/ISO plugs on the OEM wiring loom for the stereo head unit, one has all the wiring for the speakers (Brown coloured and has the release clip in the centre of the side), the other all the power and control wiring (Black coloured and has the release clip offset on the side). Both of these conectors might be joined together, and just slid apart to seperate! There is also a third block (If you are luck enough to have it) which is for connecting the head unit to the OEM CD multi-player under the passenger seat.

THESE ARE THE COLOURS & PINS OF THE OEM SKODA WIRING LOOM TO CONNECT TO THE STEREO HEAD-UNIT

BLACK CONNECTOR (this has the release clip offset on the side)

8d/pin1 = White cable with Purple stripe = vehicle speed sensor (to increase volume with speed) OEM single DIN head-unit may not have a pin for this. (Pin function is correct with ISO)

8d/pin2 = vacant (This according to ISO is for the mute function of a connected telephone)

8d/pin3 = Grey cable with White stripe = VAG diagnostics through EOBD socket (DO NOT USE WITH NON OEM as 12v and can muck up your new head unit, especially if a diagnostic tool is connected!!! So disconnect from plug or cut and seal live end of wire) (This according to ISO is for the reversing light signal)

8d/pin4 = Brown cable with Red stripe = 12v switched supply with ignition (This according to ISO is for a 12v constant supply)

8d/pin5 = Black cable with Blue stripe = 12v constant supply to battery via Fuse No. 45 (20A) OEM single DIN head-unit does not have a pin for this, as this is to provide additional power for double DIN satnav unit. (This has on other VAG cars been a Brown cable with Red stripe = 12v switched supply with ignition) (This according to ISO is for the electric retractable aerial)

8d/pin6 = Grey cable with Blue stripe = dashboard illumination (Pin function is correct with ISO)

8d/pin7 = Black cable with Blue stripe = 12v constant supply to battery via Fuse No. 45 (20A). (This has on other VAG cars been a Red cable = 12v constant supply to battery via fuse No. ??) (This according to ISO is for a 12v switched supply with ignition)

8d/pin8 = Brown = Earth to E3 earthing point (Under the centre console in front of the gearstick) (Pin function is correct with ISO)

BROWN CONNECTOR (this has the release clip in the centre of the side)

All of these pin functions are correct with ISO.

8n/pin1 = Red cable with Green stripe = Rear deck drivers side bass speaker pin1 (+) (Red cable with Green stripe from this to tweeter in rear door)

8n/pin2 = Brown cable with green stripe = Rear deck drivers side bass speaker pin2 (-) (Brown cable with White stripe from this to tweeter in rear door)

8n/pin3 = Red cable no stripe = Front drivers door bass speaker pin3 (+) (Red cable no stripe from this to tweeter in rear door)

8n/pin4 = Brown cable with Red stripe = Front drivers door bass speaker pin1 (-) (Brown cable with Red stripe from this to tweeter in rear door)

8n/pin5 = Blue cable no stripe = Front passenger door bass speaker pin3 (+) (Blue cable no stripe from this to tweeter in door)

8n/pin6 = Brown cable with Blue stripe = Front passenger door bass speaker pin1 (-) (Brown cable with Blue stripe from this to tweeter in door)

8n/pin7 = Blue cable with White stripe = Rear deck passenger side bass speaker pin1 (+) (Blue cable with White stripe from this to tweeter in door)

8n/pin8 = Brown cable with White stripe = Rear deck passenger side bass speaker pin2 (-) (Brown cable with White stripe from this to tweeter in door)

OEM CD CHANGER UNDER PASSENGER SEAT WIRING

Pin3 on the CD Changer = Brown cable = Earth to E3 earthing point (Under the centre console in front of the gearstick).

Connector C3 on the back of the stereo headunit (smaller then the other two above)

20a/pin13 = Blue cable to pin 1 on CD Changer (CDC data in, according to ISO)

20a/pin14 = Green cable to pin 4 on CD Changer (CDC data out, according to ISO)

20a/pin15 = Yellow cable to pin 2 on CD Changer (+12v permanent, according to ISO)

20a/pin16 = Red cable to pin 6 on CD Changer (+12v switched - maximum 300mA, according to ISO)

20a/pin17 = Grey cable to pin 8 on CD Changer (CDC data ground, according to ISO)

20a/pin18 = Brown cable to pin 9 on CD Changer (audio frequency ground, according to ISO)

20a/pin19 = Purple cable to pin 10 on CD Changer (CDC audio frequency left channel, according to ISO)

20a/pin20 = White cable to pin 7 on CD Changer (CDC audio frequency right channel, according to ISO)

Cables from pins 18, 19, 20 should be all wrapped together in a metal foil screen. Or they are 3 cores of a screened cable.

You might also need an adaptor to connect your new headunit to the OEM ariel plug. The OEM plug is a right angled male, with the OEM head unit a "projecting" female. Most after-market head units have a "recessed" female socket, so an extender plug/adaptor (ISO/DIN) may be required, which can be easily found in Halfords, etc.

If any of the wires need "moving" then use the new wiring adaptor harness supplied with most good new headunits. If none supplied then Halfords etc. do adaptor harness (ISO to VAG) and then move the wires around on this (usually the switched and permanent 12v which on the supplied HI-FI loom is usually the red & yellow wires!)

FOR FABIA MKI

Also to fit an aftermarket DIN head unit you will need a cover trim piece to fit above the now exposed space above the head unit (under the row of aux. buttons on dash). This is a cheap piece (£3 ish!!) code no 6Y0 857 231 B41 from your local Skoda dealer.

FOR FABIA MKII

Also to fit an aftermarket single DIN head unit you will need a surround trim including a lower cubby hole as OEM headunit is a double DIN unit. This costs about £35ish from your local Skoda dealer code no. AZO 700 001

BASIC SPEC FABIA MKII

Some of these might not have a double DIN slot as the centre part of the dash is slightly different and you end up having a 1+ DIN size slot, so a larger facia cover piece is required. Not seen a Skoda one yet but try this; http://www.superskod...e-martinek-auto

emoticon-0103-cool.gif

NEW SKODA WIRING LOOM KIT FOR NON-OEM FIT STEREOS

Part Number: AZA700001A. Suitable For: Fabia MKII

This kit provides the required cables and wire harnesses to sync it to the cars systems.

The kit contains: Interconnecting cable harness x1, Anti-noise screen x1, Fuse 7,5A x1, Fastening tape x5, Auxiliary terminal board (socket type)x1. RRP: £29.00

http://www.accessori...p_no=AZA700001A

EDIT

Pins 3,4 & 7,8 were allocated to the wrong speakers, double checked with Skoda, Kenwood, Pioneer etc. all OK now!!! CD info added.

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Go to http://dbinstall.parrot.com/pdf.php?adapter=ISO&ck=MKI9100〈=UK this is the set for 2001 Fabia, go back one page and put in the year/month for yours and it might be the same!! It looks like they are just unplugging the ISO connectors from the back of the stereo and pluging their stuff in between!! You then have one cable to plug into their box for the mics, one for their headunit, and another aux. cable!! WORD OF WARNING!! their table of pin nos, colours and descriptions don't match mine!!! So if they label their cables going into the ISO plugs, "offer" them up to the Skoda ones and using my list, make sure that they corellate across!! If not you will have to use a small flat blade screwdriver to insert into the individual pins to release them to then move them around in the ISO plugs!!! (move their pins around...not the Skoda ones!!)

Edited by fabdavrav

• 2 weeks later...

cheers for the reply , where would i go for the 12+ constant feed and the 12+ ignition , on my disco 3 i tapped into the cigarette lighter for one of the and into the original wiring for the other

cheers for the reply , where would i go for the 12+ constant feed and the 12+ ignition , on my disco 3 i tapped into the cigarette lighter for one of the and into the original wiring for the other

As the Parrot kit is useing the same speakers, wiring etc as stereo..it's best to use same fuse and live,as power draw from the parrot (pieces of eight...Squaawwkk)should be minimal, it should state in instructions... add the wattage W to that of the stereo head unit, then divide by 12, and this should give you the amps and therefore tha rating of the fuse!!

8d/pin1 = White cable with Purple stripe = vehicle speed sensor (to increase volume with speed) OEM single DIN head-unit does not have a pin for this.

8d/pin2 = vacant

8d/pin3 = Grey cable with White stripe = VAG diagnostics through EOBD socket (DO NOT USE WITH NON OEM as 12v and can muck up your new head unit, especially if a diagnostic tool is connected!!! So disconnect from plug or cut and seal live end of wire)

8d/pin4 = Brown cable with Red stripe = 12v switched supply with ignition

8d/pin5 = Black cable with Blue stripe = 12v constant supply to battery via Fuse No. 45 (20A) OEM single DIN head-unit does not have a pin for this, as this is to provide additional power for double DIN satnav unit

8d/pin6 = Grey cable with Blue stripe = dashboard illumination

8d/pin7 = Black cable with Blue stripe = 12v constant supply to battery via Fuse No. 45 (20A)

8d/pin8 = Brown = earth

Please double check this by when you pull the plugs of OEM stereo stick a multimeter across the earth and the wire you want to test, set mulimeter to DCV 20v range and turn ignition on and of, this will register as a 12-14v on the multimeter when live!! Also remember the fuse No and value is quoted for a MKI Fabia, so may be different for your car!! B)

Edited by fabdavrav

• 2 months later...

AS per my above post

8d/pin1 = White cable with Purple stripe = vehicle speed sensor (to increase volume with speed) OEM single DIN head-unit does not have a pin for this.

• 2 months later...

Following info. from Skoda, VW, Haynes, Pioneer, and personal experience! Use this as a guide only!! :yes:

There are two main DIN/ISO plugs on the OEM wiring loom for the stereo head unit, one has all the wiring for the speakers (Brown coloured and has the release clip in the centre of the side), the other all the power and control wiring (Black coloured and has the release clip offset on the side). Both of these conectors might be joined together, and just slid apart to seperate! There is also a third block (If you are luck enough to have it) which is for connecting the head unit to the OEM CD multi-player under the passenger seat.

THESE ARE THE COLOURS & PINS OF THE OEM SKODA WIRING LOOM TO CONNECT TO THE STEREO HEAD-UNIT

8d/pin1 = White cable with Purple stripe = vehicle speed sensor (to increase volume with speed) OEM single DIN head-unit may not have a pin for this. (Pin function is correct with ISO)

8d/pin2 = vacant (This according to ISO is for the mute function of a connected telephone)

8d/pin3 = Grey cable with White stripe = VAG diagnostics through EOBD socket (DO NOT USE WITH NON OEM as 12v and can muck up your new head unit, especially if a diagnostic tool is connected!!! So disconnect from plug or cut and seal live end of wire) (This according to ISO is for the reversing light signal)

8d/pin4 = Brown cable with Red stripe = 12v switched supply with ignition (This according to ISO is for a 12v constant supply)

8d/pin5 = Black cable with Blue stripe = 12v constant supply to battery via Fuse No. 45 (20A) OEM single DIN head-unit does not have a pin for this, as this is to provide additional power for double DIN satnav unit. (This has on other VAG cars been a Brown cable with Red stripe = 12v switched supply with ignition) (This according to ISO is for the electric retractable aerial)

8d/pin6 = Grey cable with Blue stripe = dashboard illumination (Pin function is correct with ISO)

8d/pin7 = Black cable with Blue stripe = 12v constant supply to battery via Fuse No. 45 (20A). (This has on other VAG cars been a Red cable = 12v constant supply to battery via fuse No. ??) (This according to ISO is for a 12v switched supply with ignition)

8d/pin8 = Brown = Earth to E3 earthing point (Under the centre console in front of the gearstick) (Pin function is correct with ISO)

BROWN CONNECTOR (this has the release clip in the centre of the side)

All of these pin functions are correct with ISO.

8n/pin1 = Red cable with Green stripe = Rear deck drivers side bass speaker pin1 (+) (Red cable with Green stripe from this to tweeter in rear door)

8n/pin2 = Brown cable with green stripe = Rear deck drivers side bass speaker pin2 (-) (Brown cable with White stripe from this to tweeter in rear door)

8n/pin3 = Red cable no stripe = Front drivers door bass speaker pin3 (+) (Red cable no stripe from this to tweeter in rear door)

8n/pin4 = Brown cable with Red stripe = Front drivers door bass speaker pin1 (-) (Brown cable with Red stripe from this to tweeter in rear door)

8n/pin5 = Blue cable no stripe = Front passenger door bass speaker pin3 (+) (Blue cable no stripe from this to tweeter in door)

8n/pin6 = Brown cable with Blue stripe = Front passenger door bass speaker pin1 (-) (Brown cable with Blue stripe from this to tweeter in door)

8n/pin7 = Blue cable with White stripe = Rear deck passenger side bass speaker pin1 (+) (Blue cable with White stripe from this to tweeter in door)

8n/pin8 = Brown cable with White stripe = Rear deck passenger side bass speaker pin2 (-) (Brown cable with White stripe from this to tweeter in door)

OEM CD CHANGER UNDER PASSENGER SEAT WIRING

Pin3 on the CD Changer = Brown cable = Earth to E3 earthing point (Under the centre console in front of the gearstick).

Connector C3 on the back of the stereo headunit (smaller then the other two above)

20a/pin13 = Blue cable to pin 1 on CD Changer (CDC data in, according to ISO)

20a/pin14 = Green cable to pin 4 on CD Changer (CDC data out, according to ISO)

20a/pin15 = Yellow cable to pin 2 on CD Changer (+12v permanent, according to ISO)

20a/pin16 = Red cable to pin 6 on CD Changer (+12v switched - maximum 300mA, according to ISO)

20a/pin17 = Grey cable to pin 8 on CD Changer (CDC data ground, according to ISO)

20a/pin18 = Brown cable to pin 9 on CD Changer (audio frequency ground, according to ISO)

20a/pin19 = Purple cable to pin 10 on CD Changer (CDC audio frequency left channel, according to ISO)

20a/pin20 = White cable to pin 7 on CD Changer (CDC audio frequency right channel, according to ISO)

Cables from pins 18, 19, 20 should be all wrapped together in a metal foil screen. Or they are 3 cores of a screened cable.

You might also need an adaptor to connect your new headunit to the OEM ariel plug. The OEM plug is a right angled male, with the OEM head unit a "projecting" female. Most after-market head units have a "recessed" female socket, so an extender plug/adaptor (ISO/DIN) may be required, which can be easily found in Halfords, etc.

If any of the wires need "moving" then use the new wiring adaptor harness supplied with most good new headunits. If none supplied then Halfords etc. do adaptor harness (ISO to VAG) and then move the wires around on this (usually the switched and permanent 12v!)

FOR FABIA MKI

Also to fit an aftermarket DIN head unit you will need a cover trim piece to fit above the now exposed space above the head unit (under the row of aux. buttons on dash). This is a cheap piece (£3 ish!!) code no 6Y0 857 231 B41 from your local Skoda dealer.

FOR FABIA MKII

Also to fit an aftermarket single DIN head unit you will need a surround trim including a lower cubby hole as OEM headunit is a double DIN unit. This costs about £35ish from your local Skoda dealer code no. AZO 700 001

BASIC SPEC FABIA MKII

Some of these might not have a double DIN slot as the centre part of the dash is slightly different and you end up having a 1+ DIN size slot, so a larger facia cover piece is required. Not seen a Skoda one yet but try this; http://www.superskod...e-martinek-auto

B)

EDIT

Pins 3,4 & 7,8 were allocated to the wrong speakers, double checked with Skoda, Kenwood, Pioneer etc. all OK now!!! CD info added.

Hi, iv bought some rear Blaupunkt speakers wich are sold by Skoda Auto as an upgrade to the speakers that come in the rear normally. As they were a Skoda replacement part i thought they would be an easy strait forward swap over until i saw that the +/- terminals were like most other speakers and without the connector that the original speakers come attached with. I didn't really want to cut the original wires with the two plugs on, hence buying these replacements rather than a higher spec pair but if i have to i will. What wires do i connect to the +/- of the new speaker as there are 4 wires per speaker rather than just a + wire and - wire.:think:

Hi, iv bought some rear Blaupunkt speakers wich are sold by Skoda Auto as an upgrade to the speakers that come in the rear normally. As they were a Skoda replacement part i thought they would be an easy strait forward swap over until i saw that the +/- terminals were like most other speakers and without the connector that the original speakers come attached with. I didn't really want to cut the original wires with the two plugs on, hence buying these replacements rather than a higher spec pair but if i have to i will. What wires do i connect to the +/- of the new speaker as there are 4 wires per speaker rather than just a + wire and - wire.:think:

There is one + & - from the headunit to the speaker....then one + & - from the speaker to the tweeter in the rear door panel......most people either cut the connectors off and solder the two + together and then solder the two - together (this makes one + and one -) which then connect to the + & - on the speaker. The colours etc as per my above post (if not then the OEM connectors should be marked + & -).

Did you read this????^^^^^^^^ :wonder:

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the guide very imformative. Just about to get a new head unit, rear speakers and fit my sub. Quick question but is there a "Remote" wire in the oem wiring (as is a wire to trigger external amps etc to turn on with the stereo.) my old felicia had this and everything worked perfectly although I can't remember if the wire was on the adapter cable or part of the cars own loom. Any advice would be apreciated!

• 4 months later...

Nice guide, but I need a little help;

My mum just bought a 52 plate Fabia estate, which came with no stereo, so she asked me to fit a new one for her. I checked the hole in the dash, and the car already had the extra small trim panel which converts from oem size to ISO size for aftermarket head units.

I checked the wiring loom against the pinouts given in the opening post;

Brown connector has four connections not eight, but they correspond with the wiring colours listed.

Black connector has seven wires, but they do not all correspond with the pinout diagram in the OP which leads me to suspect that this may have been modified, but slightly confusing is the aerial connector - which has a separate portion which is connected to the black connector with a blue wire.

DSCF0262 wires In radio skoda

I haven't seen an arrangement like this before, so I was hoping that someone would be able to explain what the detachable section with the male and female aerial connections and the blue wire that connects it to the black plug is exactly.

The replacement stereo has four connections, 12v, switched 12v, Ground and power aerial - it's a cheap head unit from argos, so no real technical documentation with it, but the loom is clearly labelled.

I'm pretty sure I can identify the 12v switched, 12v, and ground and confirm with a multimeter - but the aerial has me a little confused (last time I fitted a car stereo, all aerials were 100% passive, except the motorised kits)

I don't want to cause any damage to car or stereo, so if anyone could give me a little advice on how to tackle the aerial situation, I would be most appreciative.

Without seeing a more detailed photo of the wires going into the back of the plug......proceed as follows:

Brown connector...........if you only have halve the wires then no rear speakers fitted....confirm by no rear/colour wires/pins present.

Black connector.....using multi meter and my OP confirm wire colours (ignore pin positions if you thing they have been moved)..........if you need to move pins slide/pull out the yellow locking rod (end of which is shown on side of brown plug in your picture).

AS for the arial....could be extra ground /power........what is the colour of the OEM wire or pin no that the extra blue wire from the arial lead connects to?

Whatever........don't think the extra bit for the arial is required unless your head unit states........or you could unplug that extra bit and temporary wire stereo up and see if if it still picks up the radio stations ok without the extra bit!

• 2 weeks later...

Been having some difficulty uploading to the forum photo gallery, so hope this works

IMG_0056.jpg

edit: success! :rofl: - plain blue wire is connected to the aerial widget

The pin out and wires are ok and within the usual spec. Sombody has swapped the switched live and the constant live (pins 4 & 7) around but this has to be done for certain stereos.........and Pin5 is doubles as.........(This according to ISO is for the electric retractable aerial) so the blue lead could be disconnected temporarily if needed......the radio might not pick up a clear signal.....but I don't think you need it..........this is how yours reads..

8d/pin4 =SWAPPED WITH PIN 7 Brown cable with Red stripe = 12v switched supply with ignition (This according to ISO is for a 12v constant supply)

8d/pin5 = BLUE Cable for Black cable with Blue stripe = 12v constant supply to battery via Fuse No. 45 (20A) OEM single DIN head-unit does not have a pin for this, as this is to provide additional power for double DIN satnav unit. (This has on other VAG cars been a Brown cable with Red stripe = 12v switched supply with ignition) (This according to ISO is for the electric retractable aerial)Also doubles up as another constant power supply.....disconnect if not needed...unless the arieal is boosted for the signal strength...

8d/pin7 = SWAPPED WITH PIN 4 Black cable with Blue stripe = 12v constant supply to battery via Fuse No. 45 (20A). (This has on other VAG cars been a Red cable = 12v constant supply to battery via fuse No. ??) (This according to ISO is for a 12v switched supply with ignition)

B)

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Prob a long shot, but worth a try. I'm trying to fit an inline amp for the aerial. The wire that was connected to the black connector, pin 5, has snapped and gone awol - I can see a couple of strands of wire about 10mm in length coming from pin 5 but the wire is gone! So i need a 12v constant supply to the battery, but I only have 1 12v constant to the battery pin 7, and a 12v to the iginition from the pin 4. The only available pins is 1 and 6, vehicle speed sensor and dash illumination. Can i split the cable from pin 7? Maybe a thick question but I'm not an electrician! Cheers

• 4 months later...

Hi there i have a standard 2009 fabia geeenline and wanted to upgrade the stereo so got hold of a swing stereo found in newer skodas.all works fine in it apart from the stereo does not turn off when ignition is off.tried doing old trick of swopping live feed and ignition feed but there stereo only seems to have a constant live feef. Looked around and some people hsve said its controlled by the can bus ??? Any ideas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi fabdavrav, just found your wiring for radio connections, perhaps you can help me. I wish to illuminate the area underneath the dash where the cupholders are on a 2010 fabia, with an LED light so I can see it. Would splicing the wires into the 12v switched red/brown wire do the trick or could you suggest something better? I would like this to work only when the headlamps are on at night. thanks for your help, I am a newbie to skoda, as I have worked for f**d for the last 25 years, and their wiring differs. This is a whole new experience for me, as a skoda convert.

Hi fabdavrav, just found your wiring for radio connections, perhaps you can help me. I wish to illuminate the area underneath the dash where the cupholders are on a 2010 fabia, with an LED light so I can see it. Would splicing the wires into the 12v switched red/brown wire do the trick or could you suggest something better? I would like this to work only when the headlamps are on at night. thanks for your help, I am a newbie to skoda, as I have worked for f**d for the last 25 years, and their wiring differs. This is a whole new experience for me, as a skoda convert.

Better off with this

other wise route wiring back to headlight switch!

If you do as you state then the LEDs will come every time the key is in pos2

Hi - I'm struggling with my HU, I have a 52 plate 1.9SDi Classic Fabia.  I picked it up and there was a Kenwood (poorly fitted) HU, it didn't retain its settings per the various postings above.  I decided to take a different route as I didn't like the Kenwood HU I went for a Skoda (Grundig) 411 as it had less flashing lights etc.  Anyway the problem that I have is that the 'new' set green background lights will not go out, nor will the set switch off on the key.  I have tried the #4 and #7 swap, no change.  I have had my meter across the wires and get the following...Currently the black plug is set as follows #1 Wh/Pp, #2 nil, #3Gy/Wh (12v Ign on and 5v Ign off), #4Bk/Bl Const 12v, #5 Bk/Bl Const 12v, #6 Nil with IGN off and on, #7 Nil with IGN off and on, #8 Brown.

I noted that when I removed the #4 Bk/Bl from the plug an popped the plug back in the set still worked, on pulling the black plug out the interior light came on in the same manner as it does when you pull the IGN key out.  I have been through the fuses, none blown.

Any help appreciated :hi:

The grey/blue is not on my radio loom so I spliced into the headlight height adjuster illumination.( still grey/blue ) This part is removable from light switch without taking dash apart. Bit of a squeeze getting hand up the back of dash above nik nak space, but It now allows a bit of light to the area in front of gearstick  from my LED shining down from under radio. 

• 3 weeks later...