bitumen marks

Hi folks.

Accidentally caught the interior roof lining with a bitumen-based roofing sheet, last w/e, which left a couple of lines. Autoglym cleaner doesn't totally get rid.

Any other suggestions please.

Hi folks.

Accidentally caught the interior roof lining with a bitumen-based roofing sheet, last w/e, which left a couple of lines. Autoglym cleaner doesn't totally get rid.

Any other suggestions please.

I would be inclined to try a bit of whte spirit, it is one of the main ingredients of most commercially available tar removers. :thumbup:

All decent suggestions I reckon. Depends on the the quantity of bitumen that's left really.

As said, try as hidden an area first, just to try the removal product out first. From what I've got in the 'toolkit' myself, I'd go with Tardis.

Tardis?

Nice idea Tim, nip down the local 'Time and Relative Dimension in Space' supplier, then pop back in time and load the car different thus avoiding the bitumen mark!! :rofl:

All decent suggestions I reckon. Depends on the the quantity of bitumen that's left really.

As said, try as hidden an area first, just to try the removal product out first. From what I've got in the 'toolkit' myself, I'd go with Tardis.

Seriously though have a look at one of the main ingredients in Tardis..........white spirit me thinks! :p

Guest Tim31

Nice idea Tim, nip down the local 'Time and Relative Dimension in Space' supplier, then pop back in time and load the car different thus avoiding the bitumen mark!! :rofl:

HAHAHA You are mad :giggle:

Seriously though have a look at one of the main ingredients in Tardis..........white spirit me thinks! :p

LOL. It's a main ingredient yes, but that's not all that's in it. A fine blend of useful chemicals is how I'd term it ;)

Seriously though, it's more useful than white spirit alone, in my experience of using it.... having used turps/meth. spirit/petrol/WD-40 in the past.

LOL. It's a main ingredient yes, but that's not all that's in it. A fine blend of useful chemicals is how I'd term it ;)

Seriously though, it's more useful than white spirit alone, in my experience of using it.... having used turps/meth. spirit/petrol/WD-40 in the past.

What you did behind the bike sheds is your business mate!!! :rofl:

You're not wrong though, Tardis is the dogs ******** although as mentioned if the OP goes down that route, try it first somewhere inconspicious. :thumbup: