Wiper issue - park position

NeilH

Hi,

Had the front wipers on intermittent this morning, and stopped the car when they were half way up the screen. Now the car seems to think this is the park position.

Is there any way to reset this? Would turning the car off with them at the bottom, then disconnecting the battery possibly work?

Cheers

Edited by NeilH

All what's happened is the wiper linkage has slipped on the spline, the only way to put it back in it's original position is to remove the scuttle panel and adjust that way

Do I adjust the wiper linkage, or take each wiper arm off and re-fit in the correct position?

Do I adjust the wiper linkage, or take each wiper arm off and re-fit in the correct position?

You need to remove the linkage (located under the scuttle panel, which is accessed by removing both wiper arms) and reset it back in it's correct position.

Another option is to leave the wipers as they are and just keep them on a quick intermittent

setting and see if they self correct (I did this with mine after they had parked half-way up), this way takes a little time but they should start to park in the correct position.