Problem with my boot.

Just this evening I started having a problem with the boot on my superb. If I unlock the car on the central locking and try to open the boot from outside it wont open. It only opens with the release from inside the drivers door. Ive also checked the lock on the drivers door and it isn't the problem. The car is still under warranty but if its something simple i can fix myself rather than a 120 mile round trip to the dealers id rather do it myself.

Any ideas?

Also I just noticed a little black plastic thing beside the front interior lights held on with a velcro patch and there's a wire running under the interior light. Anyone know what this is?

Ant695

Just this evening I started having a problem with the boot on my superb. If I unlock the car on the central locking and try to open the boot from outside it wont open. It only opens with the release from inside the drivers door. Ive also checked the lock on the drivers door and it isn't the problem. The car is still under warranty but if its something simple i can fix myself rather than a 120 mile round trip to the dealers id rather do it myself.

Any ideas?

Also I just noticed a little black plastic thing beside the front interior lights held on with a velcro patch and there's a wire running under the interior light. Anyone know what this is?

Ant695

dont know about the boot but the black plastic thing may be a microphone for a phone car kit, it is on mine anyway.

cheers

Tom

dont know about the boot but the black plastic thing may be a microphone for a phone car kit, it is on mine anyway.

cheers

Tom

Cheers for that Tom. I thought it might be something like that but I asked the dealer to take the phone kit out so wasn't sure. I guess he just took out the cradle.

Ant695

Just had another look at it and i dont know if this is right or some sort of fault but if i only press the unlock button once only drivers door opens and i didnt notice this before because i only went to the drivers door to pop the boot but if i press unlock twice in quick succession then all doors and the boot unlocks.

Anyone know if this is supposed to happen??

Ant695

Yes this is a feature that can be turned on or off, you will however need someone with VCDS to do this for you.

Oh good. Im glad to hear its not a fault as the cars been perfect so far and I took the preventative measure on the water ingress already so it shouldnt be an issue.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Ant695

• 2 weeks later...

...if you're interested you can actually reprogram your superb to do a number of things. You can change the pitch and volume of the parking sensors, turn on and off the double locking feature you were asking about, and also enable automatic locking, where the doors lock as you go over 10mph, even make the car beep when you lock and unlock it if you're feeling poserish!

There's all sorts if you have a mate with a programming lead. Just make sure they know what they're doing, otherwise can be lethal :S

-L-