Which usb cable?

columb

Can someone help me which Usb cable to buy from Ebay?? That works with VCDSLite to Read and write to Control Module i would like to turn my 2 fog lights on i have got a Skoda Octavia 2.0L TDI PD 08 Thanks

I think the lite version only reads fault codes and thats all. The full version does the lot though.

So Which cable would do the whole lot of Control Module mate?

VCDS Lite doesn't work on the MKII Octavia, you need full VCDS. You need VCDS with an official Ross-Tech HEX+CAN or Micro CAN Cable. The Hex+CAN Cable costs about £220+VAT, the Micro Can is slightly cheaper but doesn't work on some of the older cars but will be fine on your MKII. Gendan and ilexa sell genuine Ross Tech cables in the UK.

The cheaper option is to get someone on here who lives near you with full VCDS to turn them on for you. There are a quite a few of us on here who will do it for beer tokens :-) Check out the VCDS user list thread at the top of the diagnositcs forum. http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/74720-list-of-vag-com-diagnostic-system-vcds-owners/

VCDS Lite doesn't work on the MKII Octavia, you need full VCDS. You need VCDS with an official Ross-Tech HEX+CAN or Micro CAN Cable. The Hex+CAN Cable costs about £220+VAT, the Micro Can is slightly cheaper but doesn't work on some of the older cars but will be fine on your MKII. Gendan and ilexa sell genuine Ross Tech cables in the UK.

The cheaper option is to get someone on here who lives near you with full VCDS to turn them on for you. There are a quite a few of us on here who will do it for beer tokens :-) Check out the VCDS user list thread at the top of the diagnositcs forum. http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/74720-list-of-vag-com-diagnostic-system-vcds-owners/

Thanks mate would this one do the job ? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VCDS-VAGCOM-908-1-DUAL-K-HEX-CAN-USB-DIAGNOSTIC-CABLE-/200593096499?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2eb447bf33

Steer clear of the fleabay cable, it won't have the dongle built in to make it work with the latest official VCDS release you need to recode your car.

If it doensn't come with software, you're back to VCDS Lite which won't do what you want. Save your money and keep saving up for the proper cable.

Steer clear of the fleabay cable, it won't have the dongle built in to make it work with the latest official VCDS release you need to recode your car.

If it doensn't come with software, you're back to VCDS Lite which won't do what you want. Save your money and keep saving up for the proper cable.

Thank you for your Help i will not go near them cables.