First Greenline Hatch?

Hi. MPG still sitting around 75.3. Car going to a detailer soon to have some treatment to protect it. This is in lieu of the dealer treatment option which was £335.

Actual from full tank to full tank, or using the display?

My display is optimistic by about 5%.

That's good. :thumbup:

Mine is about 74mpg, but that's an estate with a spare wheel.

Must be about 50kg or so heavier but I think with slighty lower drag as the Estate is kind of sausage shaped. :D

Looking at that big spoiler on the hatch it looks like they have tried to make the hatch top the same as the estate.

Hi. Yet to see another Greenline Hatch. Mine is off to be detailed on Saturday. Photos to follow.

Detailed?

How dirty can you get it in two weeks? :D

It's a working car, so mine gets the hosepipe occasionally.

Detailed?

How dirty can you get it in two weeks? :D

It's a working car, so mine gets the hosepipe occasionally.

Hi. I did not get the dealer to Supaguard it inside or out. So it is getting a professional job done on it to have it properly protected.

Hi. I did not get the dealer to Supaguard it inside or out. So it is getting a professional job done on it to have it properly protected.

Sounds sensible. The superguard is a good money maker for them. The materials cost a fraction of the charge for it.

Rob?

Where did you get it done?

If you don't mind me asking.

Hi. Done by Rob from Prism Detailng. St Ives Canbridgeshire area. Already done our Yeti. Doing our Discovery later this month. He does a great job. Let me know if you need more info.

Hi. Done by Rob from Prism Detailng. St Ives Canbridgeshire area. Already done our Yeti. Doing our Discovery later this month. He does a great job. Let me know if you need more info.

Good grief, You've got a Fabia Greenline, a Yeti and a Land Rover?

Sounds just like me! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

May I ask roughly how much does cost to get a pro detailor to do the car in leiu of the dealers doing it?

We've a GL2 estate on order, and the dealers were asking for £340 to do it I think

May I ask roughly how much does cost to get a pro detailor to do the car in leiu of the dealers doing it?

We've a GL2 estate on order, and the dealers were asking for £340 to do it I think

That sounds about right in the London area if you want it done properly. It should take two days.

You can get cheaper, but that could be just because they are putting a bit of wax on. In my opinion.

It's interesting to read your comments - I'm thinking of buying a Greenline 2. Are you actually averaging 70 - 75 MPG on a combined trip or is that on motorways / dual carrigeways? Any problems with the cars or is it a nice smooth drive?

Hi. My average daily drive is 35 miles each way. It is A roads all the way across country. Therefore, a mix of town and country with about 5 miles dual carriageway. It is a smooth drive once one realises that 1st and 2nd gear are only to get you moving. I get to work in the same time in this car as I do in my Discovery 4 but at about a third the cost; in fuel.

That sounds about right in the London area if you want it done properly. It should take two days.

You can get cheaper, but that could be just because they are putting a bit of wax on. In my opinion.

The dealer will take about 15 to 30 mins max. An initial detail should not take 2 days. I have had 3 cars done now and the max time was about 7 hours. Lets just say, at this stage, that I paid much less than £340.

Sorry replied to the answer you got below, but I'm sure you get the message.

The dealer will take about 15 to 30 mins max. An initial detail should not take 2 days. I have had 3 cars done now and the max time was about 7 hours. Lets just say, at this stage, that I paid much less than £340.

Yes sorry, I was thinking of a few years old when it's needs a bit more work if it's never been done before. 2 Days and £300 odd was to polish out scratches etc.. too.

New was about £175/£200 mark.