Alloy effect door mirrors

Black Yeti

Hi. Has anyone had a go at fitting the alloys effect door mirror casing. Its basically the top half of the mirror outer shell. I could do with a diagram showing how they come apart before i stick my screwdriver in! Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

I've fitted the 'silver effect' covers to mine.

Not got time now to fire up Elsawin, but it's easier to flip off the mirror glass - comes off easily with a plastic ruler if you don't have trim removal tools, start at the outside edge - then just release the tabs and the cover will come away.

You can do it without removing the glass but it's much easier if you do and there's no potentially damaging poking around with a sharp object, trying to locate the tabs! :rofl:

Hi,

to remove the housing you need to remove the mirror glass first to gain access to the clips;

– Swivel the mirror glass -1- in the maximum position. – Release the catches which secure the glass all around in the -direction of the arrow- e.g using a screwdriver. – Push out the mirror glass and remove it.

– Unclip the top housing from the clips -arrows-. – Remove top mirror housing -1-.

– Remove screws -1- (0.7 Nm). – Pull out bottom mirror housing -2- downwards -arrows-.

Before removing the bottom mirror housing, the plug connection -3- for the turn signal light, inserted in the mirror, must be disconnected.

Installation is carried out in the reverse order.

Regards,

TP

Hi,

to remove the housing you need to remove the mirror glass first to gain access to the clips;

– Swivel the mirror glass -1- in the maximum position. – Release the catches which secure the glass all around in the -direction of the arrow- e.g using a screwdriver. – Push out the mirror glass and remove it.

– Unclip the top housing from the clips -arrows-. – Remove top mirror housing -1-.

– Remove screws -1- (0.7 Nm). – Pull out bottom mirror housing -2- downwards -arrows-.

Before removing the bottom mirror housing, the plug connection -3- for the turn signal light, inserted in the mirror, must be disconnected.

Installation is carried out in the reverse order.

Regards,

TP

Thanks :) those screenshots must be from some sort of manual right? Could you share that?