VRS Tyre

Another tyre thread

I have ordered a pair of Pilot Sport 3 tyres but have seen that goodyear have released the F1 Asymmetric 2 which is cheaper than the Michelins.

Should I opt for the goodyears??

I have read loads of threads and reviews and am possibly over analysing it any advice??

Reifentest (Tyre test) is just based on drivers' opinions, not on tested performance. They've got it wrong before - I nearly bought Pneumant Wintec winter tyres which looked fine on Reifentest - but which ADAC declared to be utter rubbish.

According to the ADAC, the original F1 Assymetric was very good, but had high roll resistance. http://www.adac.de/infotestrat/tests/reifen/sommerreifen/225_45_R17_details.aspx?testId=8&recordId=78 Apparently the Mk2 fixes that. But don't quote me, I'm just passing on what I've heard.

Just bought Michelin PS3 for mine (after Bridgstones ) and I had geometry done, It is possible to get too analytical about it, I did it myself. I can confirm that the car is transformed by the PS3 as it probably would have been by the Goodyears, some say the Michelins last longer. They cost about £15 more per tyre but scanning the internet I found prices seem to change very frequently.

Thanks guys there was no stock of the Goodyear so the ps3 s are going on right now. Fitter calls me over to show me the crushed sill before he jacks it up. Thoroughly ****ed off now! the car has only been to a couple of places all reputable, apparently. it wasnt pointed out when the same place switched the tyres round last week so I assume he must have done it.

there are mixed reviews for the PS3 tyres on the GTI forum. some guys love them others say they are a step down from the PS2 that has just stopped being produced. others have said they wore out really quickly.

the PS3 are not a replacement for the PS2 either apparently. From what ive read on adds and comparisons etc, its a replacement for the Pilot Exalto, and the Michelin supersport tyre is the replacement for the PS2.

Also Good year have just released the new generation f1 tyre, not seen any comparison or test results yet

Edited by janner_Sy

there are mixed reviews for the PS3 tyres on the GTI forum. some guys love them others say they are a step down from the PS2 that has just stopped being produced. others have said they wore out really quickly.

the PS3 are not a replacement for the PS2 either apparently. From what ive read on adds and comparisons etc, its a replacement for the Pilot Exalto, and the Michelin supersport tyre is the replacement for the PS2.

Also Good year have just released the new generation f1 tyre, not seen any comparison or test results yet

Thanks,

I tried to order the F1 tyre but there is no stock until the end of May at the earliest apparently. Haven't had chance to see if the PS3 is any good yet as I have only driven 5 or 6 miles on them.