Prices for a decent mk1 vRS

Hey guys.

After 18 months of my lovely FL OctyRS, I fancy going back and getting one for fine weather/track days etc. The mk1 is the one that started my love affair with the vRS brand, but I've never had one. I've already read through chicken_eyebrow's buying guide which is awesome, and will be printed for future use.

Thing is, I've been looking around and there seems to be a HUGE difference in prices but for fairly similar cars (age, mileage etc). Here's one I found on autotrader, but is this too cheap/expensive?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201115384533869/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/price-to/2000/model/octavia/make/skoda/radius/1500/postcode/b303aa/page/4?logcode=p

I've seen more on there with almost double the covered distance on the clock for a little bit more in price.

HELP! I don't want a ****ter, but I also don't fancy getting ripped off!!!! :rofl:

seems very cheap. If you aren't in a rush I'd keep an eye on the for sale section on here and try and get a members car that has already been modded.

To be fair for £3k you should be able to get a good one, prices have dropped quite a bit recently (another good reason for me to never sell mine).

I wouldn't discount a car just because it is cheap. It might be for a number of reasons (e.g. seller needs to sell quickly, they do not realise they are selling too cheap, etc). I paid 2.5k for my 51 plate a year ago with 82k and full history including receipts and detailed service schedules, so would expect to pay £2k or less now for the same car.

Good luck

Cheers guys, I guess you can always blag a bargain if a quick sale is wanted. If I wasn't moving house over the next few weekends I'd go and have a look at that one.

Defo not in a rush to buy (obviously buying a house aint cheap!!!) so I'll be on the lookout until the summer I reckon.

Thanks peeps! :thumbup:

Hey guys.

After 18 months of my lovely FL OctyRS, I fancy going back and getting one for fine weather/track days etc. The mk1 is the one that started my love affair with the vRS brand, but I've never had one. I've already read through chicken_eyebrow's buying guide which is awesome, and will be printed for future use.

Thing is, I've been looking around and there seems to be a HUGE difference in prices but for fairly similar cars (age, mileage etc). Here's one I found on autotrader, but is this too cheap/expensive?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201115384533869/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/price-to/2000/model/octavia/make/skoda/radius/1500/postcode/b303aa/page/4?logcode=p

I've seen more on there with almost double the covered distance on the clock for a little bit more in price.

HELP! I don't want a ****ter, but I also don't fancy getting ripped off!!!! :rofl:

This site seems to breed negativity towards any decent deal. Maybe we are all cinical and have been burnt before :wonder: . You could wait on here for a car to sell but that also does not mean the car is good just because the guy is a Briskoda member.

You will get a number of various prices because folks sell for different reasons. The fuel prices have caused cars like the VRS to go down quite a bit since early last year, and the MK1 is getting on a bit these days..

For a 2002 car that is not a very low price but a very resonable price. Use the buyers guide as a reference but ultimatley also judge the car by what you think of it as well. Good luck on your future purchase. A MK1 is a better version of VRS :thumbup:

A MK1 is a better version of VRS :thumbup:

Lots of people say the same. Why so? Is it more tuneable, better handling etc? I'm loving my mk2 FL, but it does feel like a bit of a lump compared to the couple of mk1's that I've had the pleasure of test driving........... :giggle:

Lots of people say the same. Why so? Is it more tuneable, better handling etc? I'm loving my mk2 FL, but it does feel like a bit of a lump compared to the couple of mk1's that I've had the pleasure of test driving........... :giggle:

Well us MK1 driver would say that right :giggle:

The MK1 is lighter so feels you can throw it around quicker than the beafed up MK2.

You get the feeling the car is more part of you than just sitting in a comfortable arm chair.

It also looks more rugged and meaner which does appeal to folks.

It is easier and cheaper to tune than the 2L engine.

It just ticks slightly different boxes to the MK2. This does not make the MK2 a bad car in any shape of form though and is a much more refined car than the MK1, but for me that is why i like the MK1 better.