Fitting Pioneer AVIC-F9110BT to '57 Vrs

Hi All. Has anyone fitted a Pioneer AVIC-F9110BT to a fitting pre '09 Octavia? I'm looking at buying one but i cannot find any clear statement to say if the unit will work with my '57 Vrs. I'm not sure if it's down to a speed pulse thing for the sat nav with my car not having the latest Can system. I don't want to buy this unit only to find it won't work! Any help/guidance will be greatly received :) Many Thanks

Hi kandrews, I have a Pioneer AVIC-F310BT fitted in my 56 plate Octavia MKII vRS. I used a Connects2 can-bus adaptor (about £40) to interface between the head-unit and the car wiring loom. This provides all of the signals that you need and it is a complete doddle to fit. Overall the head-unit functions perfectly and took me less than an hour to install using the can-bus adaptor, fascia adaptor and aerial adaptor. In that hour I also installed an iPod flying lead into the dash-top cubby and routed the mic up the A-pillar (be careful if you have side airbags). It looks like a professional installation and 18 months on I am still extremely pleased with the unit and how it operates.

Me again, I just noticed the model number of the Pioneer you are intending to fit. I was under the impression that these were designed to be plug n' play and come with the can-bus interface built-in. You simply swap it out with the current headunit and route the mic and you are done ?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I already have a kenwood double din fitted with can lead and facia panel I just cannot stand the 3 different plastic tones with this setup hence why I like the pioneer unit which does away with all of this. My only concern is pioneer themselves state this is for '09 octavias onwards. I have however seen pics of older cars with them fitted. I just wanted to question if there is a canbus issue at all as with the MFD3.

Kev

• 4 weeks later...

I am, look forward to hearing a mini review!

How did it go?

I purchased the AVIC-F9110BT yesterday for my new Octavia and I've been looking to see which facia plate is correct. I've been looking at this one but wasn't sure whether it will be correct for the '09 (i.e. new model) Octavia.

Which one did you use?

Cheers!

it should fit in your existing space or you may need to change the main fascia rather than buy an aftermarket adapter

Thanks for the reply.

In short it doesn't quite "fit", there are gaps either side so I guess I'll need to replace the main facia. Is there a site that lists alternative facias? May be I could head over to Pioneer support?

Seems strange though, the system was advertised that it would just "fit". :S Coupled with the fact that the installer forgot to connect the hand brake indicator cable and I can't get into the system settings it's been a little bit annoying.

Thanks, I'll pop in tomorrow and see what they say. It also would appear there is the need for an additional "CAN Accessory" in order for it to work properly... So much for the "slot in". I've sent a email to Pioneer support to see which CAN accessory I need.

Cheers !

By 'CAN accessory' I hope they don't mean Gateway?!

Hmmm, not sure what a Gateway is..?

Anyway, I've been into the dealership and they really didn't have much of an idea other than showing me the Columbus system.

I have a support ticket outstanding with Pioneer so we'll see what they come back with otherwise it's going to be returned... :(

Older Vag cars need a new CAN gateway to accept the Columbus/Bolero headunits, as they will drain the battery otherwise. IIRC, to upgrade the gateway factor in another £100 to any upgrade you may be thinking of doing.

I assume that you need a canbus adapter and connects2 make one for the octavia. I have one for my aftermarket double din which gives you a switched live and also the ability to retain some of the steering wheel controls. the one I have is CON-CTSSK002 with a JVC adapter lead where you would need the pioneer adapter.

Ok, so Pioneer have come back with the following:

For the Skoda Octavia manufactured since September 2009 with CanBus and Fakra connector the hardwire interface is the CTSSK003AE.

Double din -

Part no.12.301327-05 if car orginally came with the NEXUS audio system on manufacture.

Part no.12.301327-04 if the car originally had the Melody/ Maxidot or Audience System on manufacture.

Antenna interface is part no.30.051.PIO

Given that my Octavia came with the standard Bolero I'm not sure which one to get?! By it does look like I need the antenna adapter...