Full Exhaust inc Cat

I have got a 02 L+K estate and just had a MOT done, they have told me that the welded joint to the CAT has gone. The rest is in poor condition. The question is should I get the replacement from Skoda or elsewhere. Thinking about price and how long they will last. It is the original one that is on now so it has done well. My experience with none genuine is that they do not last that long. Is there any good alternative compared to dealer.

Thanks

I have got a 02 L+K estate and just had a MOT done, they have told me that the welded joint to the CAT has gone. The rest is in poor condition. The question is should I get the replacement from Skoda or elsewhere. Thinking about price and how long they will last. It is the original one that is on now so it has done well. My experience with none genuine is that they do not last that long. Is there any good alternative compared to dealer.

Thanks

Better off to go after market as the backbox alone from dealer is £275 I had to buy one for mine...Go with milltech with a sport cat.will cost you £100 more for a full kit but will last a long time and the sound is great...

The mount on my mid-section has gone, and I've got the same dilemma. It has already been welded once and there's just not enough metal there to take another weld...it would just burn through. But apparently the system from the cat-back is one piece from the factory which means any issue with any of it from the cat back requires you to buy both back sections to sort it?

The mount on my mid-section has gone, and I've got the same dilemma. It has already been welded once and there's just not enough metal there to take another weld...it would just burn through. But apparently the system from the cat-back is one piece from the factory which means any issue with any of it from the cat back requires you to buy both back sections to sort it?

Not at all just need pipe joiners to do it either that go to exhaust place and ask them to make you a middle section

I think you can sort this with 2 decent jubilee clips

Like Liverpool-Lad says jubilee clips work fine, that's what's securing mine until I stump up the cash for an exhaust :thumbup: :thumbup:

That's reassuring, I already got one of those cut-to-length rolls of jubilee clip with the clips and made one that wrapped diagonally around the pipe and the mount underneath it. :) It's good to know it isn't just me that had this problem - in fact I had the same issue on my Golf previously too.