Spare Bulb Kit

Hi

sorry if this is a bit of a newbie post...(or in the manual, its at work with the MRS [and the car])!

I'm off to Europe tomorrow and I was just about to pop to halfords to get a spare bulb kit but then remembered someone suggesting that the VRS I bought had optional headlights.

5218833757_e40587a7e8.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS by travelswithmyt4, on Flickr

Will a standard kit cover this or do I need to go to a dealer?

Thanks!

I'm sure that Xenons aren't technically classed as bulbs, so you don't need to carry a spare of those (Lucky, as they are very expensive to carry as spares)

The normal spare kit for the Fabia will be fine for the rest of the bulbs (brakes, indicator etc), but the H7 bulbs will be redundant obviously.

Take any bulbs, they dont check. Xenons come witha metal level each side to flick over to swap the dip when you get off ferry or train. Simple 2 min job

I wandered into the dealers today and they've printed me off the info to switch the lights, however, the guy said firstly that the bumper needed taking off (!) and then the headlights needed dropping out, this doesn't sound like a 2min job to me?

Edited by Paul Bennett

Right, finally got to look at the actual car.

Drivers side, easy enough, open the bonnet, remove headlight cover and fiddle with the lever.

Passenger side? different story. There's something (I don't recognized) attached to the back of the headlight cover, in between it and the battery, thus I can't remove the headlight cover without dropping the headlights out (I think), which I can't do without dropping the bumper off.

Am I wrong? I'd love it to be a 2min job.

Sorry buddy I only have a SDI fabia. Howver all teh other VAG cars I have had and have that have xenons are simple levers like drivers side on yours. Id be amazed if passengers was any different.

There's something extra on the rear cover on the passenger side. Metal-encased box about an inch deep, four or so wide. Pretty much the exact size you'd need to get a hand in there. The upshot is you can't drop the rear cover off with the light in place.

I think some token duct tape will be the solution in the end!