john123

hi guys couple weeks ago gave my car the whole deal

-2 bucket wash by hand no power washer or foam

-claying

-polishing

-Glase

-sealant

-Wax

......so few days ago i bought a basic Karcher power washer in order to use the foam as a pre wash.

My question is would a quick rinse with the power washer strip the wax off??

Would a pre wash/foam with the power washer also strip the sealant or wax off?

...As after a long trip the car is a bit dusty so thought that a quick rinse would just get rid of the worst or do i have to go through the hole lot again of:

-pre wash foam with power washer

-2 bucket wask by hand no power washer or foam

-claying

-polishing

-Glase

-sealant

-Wax

Edited by john123

hi guys couple weeks ago gave my car the whole deal

-claying

-polishing

-Glase

-sealant

-Wax

......so few days ago i bought a basic Karcher power washer in order to use the foam as a pre wash.

My question is would a quick rinse with the power washer strip the wax off??

Would a pre wash/foam with the power washer also strip the sealant or wax off?

...As after a long trip the car is a bit dusty so thought that a quick rinse would just get rid of the worst or do i have to go through the hole lot again of:

-2 bucket wask by hand no power washer or foam

-claying

-polishing

-Glase

-sealant

-Wax

Yes to get rid of a bit of dust after a short journey you would need to :

-claying

-polishing

-Glase

-sealant

-Wax

:think: :rofl:

Or just get a decent detailing spray and a soft micro fibre cloth and give it a quick wipe over?

Edited by Thirdtimeluck

Unless the foam is at a concentrate that is very very strong, it will not strip the wax, and depending on the foam, even neat it still might not - depends on foam.

If you have a light dusting, foam and rinse should be enough, if its beading and sheeting well you'll not even have to dry it, just water out of the end of the hose.

If you think you'll need to touch the paint to dry it then you'll have little choice but to foam, rinse, wash using 2BM and then dry and spray with some detailing spray.

I would not advise using detailing spray and a microfibre cloth if you have a light coating of dust.

What do you use for Polish, Glaze, Sealant and Wax? Also how many coats of wax have you got on?

as said about the foam depends on foam and concentration etc. as for the foam not needed really, the same results can be had by just a good through rinse with the power hose. and no, theres no need to clay etc etc each time you wash the car lol depending on products used you should have a least 3-4months protection, as mentioned keep an eye on beading, as long as its still beading your protection is there. after each wash a quick go over with a detailer will maintain your finish, for example zaino grand finale spray is great stuff

These are what i use for full detailing done by hand although i have plans to buy a polishing machine(any recomendations on wich one is good much apreciated) and i am always in the search for a better product that gives a better finish/protection so i think you just have to keep trying different products.

1)foam pre wash-Valet Pro , PH Neutral (have ordered super foam,and would like to try studs ii and meguir)

2)car wash shampoo-Poorboys Slick n Suds

3)clay-Quik Clay Detailing System but will be getting the Bilt Hamber Clay as it uses water as a lubricant

4)polish-Poorboy's Professional Polish

glaze-Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze

5)sealant-Poorboy's EX-P

6)wax-Natty's Paste Wax - Red but thats finished now so i just ordered and changed to colinite 476 to give this a try ,just hope it works ok with poorboys ex-p sealant

..and last if required

7)--Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS

Edited by john123