90 bhp seems very slow

sym

hi, ive just got my octavia back on the road after a few repairs but it seems very slow, its had a new complete clutch fitted, something doesnt seem right with it, i know its only 90 bhp but its just gutless,its like its got hardly any acceleration, i havnt checked the egr or anything yet,so do you have any pointers as to what i can check, i know its a totally different car but my mate has a peugeot 1996 306 90hp & it seems a lot more responsive in acceleration, not that we drive in that manner at all. any help would be most grateful, lee

vacuum control hose to the turbo (if vvt), MAF maybe disconnected, faulty n75, vacuum leak...

What were the other repairs which were carried out on your car?

vacuum control hose to the turbo (if vvt), MAF maybe disconnected, faulty n75, vacuum leak...

What were the other repairs which were carried out on your car?

it was just the clutch that was done recently, windscreen was done a couple of weeks ago & i done the arbs, ive looked @ all the pipes & none of them seem to be disconnected, the egr was a bit gunky but not excessive. its been sitting for about 4 years but i got it free from my uncle who owned it from new.ive been doing the usual bits over the course of a month or so, servicing & stuff like that,

is there anything that happens along with poor performance? Noise/excessive smoke etc.?

no real noise issues or smoke, but what i did find was when i unplug the air flow meter theres no change in revs, is it normal or should they drop? hopefully it wont be anything too bad,many thanks lee

Try driving it with the MAF disconnected, if it goes better then then MAF could well be faulty. if the car has been sat for 4 years, then maybe the diesel is a bit naff.... Unplugging the MAF at idle won't do much (if anything), apart from possibly log a fault code (won't put on the engine light though).

Are you saying the car seems generally slow, or extra slow since you had the clutch change.

Try driving it with the MAF disconnected, if it goes better then then MAF could well be faulty. if the car has been sat for 4 years, then maybe the diesel is a bit naff.... Unplugging the MAF at idle won't do much (if anything), apart from possibly log a fault code (won't put on the engine light though).

Are you saying the car seems generally slow, or extra slow since you had the clutch change.

it seems generally slow, il give it a drive in a bit with the maf unplugged & see if its any better or worse, i didnt really drive it before the clutch change as it was sorned for ages,the flywheel was knackered but driveable it doesn't seem any different though to what it was, i only drove it to the mot station & back which is about a mile away. thanks

I dunno if you changed the air filter in your service or not, but it might be worth doing to go along with your new MAF.

yes, i changed it along with the other service items,il put a new maf on as soon as i can source the right one, thanks,lee