silence after order

I've seen the posts about the 6 month waiting lists but I ordered a VRS (White/Petrol) about 4 weeks ago now - I've been given an order number but there's not even an estimate on delivery yet....is this normal? It'll be £3 a litre by the time mine arrives.

Welcome to the "Skoda Waiting to be Owners Club". If you have a read through recent threads you'll see that there are a lot of people in the same boat at the moment. If you manage to get an estimated build week out of your dealer it will get changed two or three times before your car gets built.

Ask your dealer to check the order and give you regular updates. If they don't start calling them each week until they do. It probably won't speed up the process but it helps to know what is going on.

If it's any consolation it's been 7 weeks since I placed an order and I've had no build week yet.

I've seen the posts about the 6 month waiting lists but I ordered a VRS (White/Petrol) about 4 weeks ago now - I've been given an order number but there's not even an estimate on delivery yet....is this normal? It'll be £3 a litre by the time mine arrives.

Ordered mine mid feb. I haven't heard anything yet. Mine is diesel, so I'm expecting a long wait.

Edited by tank_618

Thanks for the replies.

Seven weeks and not a word? That's a poor way to look after customers.

It annoys me that I was told the delivery time was 'around 12 weeks' at the point of paying a deposit, that is clearly not going to be the case. I guess they know that if they say six months or more accurately "we've no idea when your car will arrive but it should be some time this year" customers will look elsewhere.

Need to head out and buy something else fun in the interim.

Good luck at least yours is petrol they come quicker I have had a Diesel on order since September! and still no build week dealer has not called once and Skoda UK are a waste of time. There does not seem to be any sort of order when they come other customers who ordered their cars 3 months after mine already have them. They give the excuse of extras but mine has none.

This is my first skoda and will be my last even thinking of selling as soon as I get it vaid the VAT free price so could make a profit.

Keep ringing the dealer and ask for information if not cancel order.

Forget the dealer and phone Skoda Customer services directly on 08457 745 745.

Since you've got your order number it'll be extremely straight forward- just give that to the person at the other end of the phone and they'll tell you the estimated build week if it has one. Best to phone on a Tuesday or Wednesday as they tend to move the build dates around at the end of the week and sometimes they are not sorted back into the system properly on a Monday.