Factory Option or Dealer Rip off?

pigeon142

I had the good fortune to visit my local body shop and get a £550 quote to spray my bonnet and have a wheel refurbed. Whilst there they showed me around their new premesis and they had a couple of brand new Jags.

When I commented on them she said they had come in to change the colour of the alloys and they had some Leon Cupra's as well. When the customer orders the a factory option of black wheels (£600??) for example the dealer places a normal order and has the wheels sprayed when the car is delivered paying only £300, does this sound right???

I had the good fortune to visit my local body shop and get a £550 quote to spray my bonnet and have a wheel refurbed. Whilst there they showed me around their new premesis and they had a couple of brand new Jags.

When I commented on them she said they had come in to change the colour of the alloys and they had some Leon Cupra's as well. When the customer orders the a factory option of black wheels (£600??) for example the dealer places a normal order and has the wheels sprayed when the car is delivered paying only £300, does this sound right???

i have heard that before but normaly when you pay that much for an optional extra the alloys are a different shape

It could be a dealer trying to make an 'easy' £300. I wonder if they have thought it through? Future warranty claim through the non supplying dealer for an alloy wheel fault. The claim gets refused as the wheels have non factory finish, or the claim gets accepted and the colour and finish does not match the other 3 wheels.