Nearly there... She's on the boat to Grimsby

Firstly, Hello to you all fellow members.

I've ordered my first Skoda back in, what seems an eternity ago, late December. I got the call on Tuesday to say it's in the port in Germany & from what I can see from previous threads it's on it's way to Grimbsy any day soon (fingers crossed).

I went for the vRS CR Hatch, Race Blue (stop booing!), with the options of Rear sensors, Auto lights/wipers, Spare Wheel, Maxidot & Sunblinds. Nothing too fancy I feel the car has enough toys for me, Saying that i'm getting the dealer to quote for the front grill to be colour coded, seems the right thing to do.

I popped into the dealer to pay a bit more off yesterday & he was having a quite morning so after a chat we went out for a spin/test drive in one he had in stock (not new). I cant get over how much effortless grunt it's got. It's going to be a pleasure running this one in.

I'll keep you posted when I here more, fingers crossed it should be here in around 2 weeks or so. Feel free to offer any advise to me as this is my 1st Skoda.

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

I also spoke to my dealer this week and my new vrs was waiting in Germary for a boat.

He said that I should get mine in about a fortnight.

It will be close as to who gets there's first.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Edited by purplesweetie

Sounds good, enjoy & good luck! Colour coded grille is a great idea.

Good options choices too-Xenons would be nice, but a HID kit would sort that if you felt like it.

Effortless grunt is a good description-wait 'til you get it remapped! B) (You can spend the money you saved on the Xenons :giggle: )

This feels like the longest part of the wait since it's so near yet so far!

Mine is incredibly similar to yours- also ordered late December with the same colour and the same options (plus heated seats and Xenons, minus the blinds).

Mine was built week 11 and then sat at the port for nearly 3 weeks. Picked it up exactly a week after it came into the country. Had it for three weeks now and love it to bits.

I also got my grille colour-coded and had the dealer fit it for me before delivery. Well worth it I think.

Anyway, good luck with it and keep us updated.

I also spoke to my dealer this week and my new vrs was waiting in Germary for a boat.

Good luck and enjoy it.

I hope the dealer is correct, it seems your either lucky & get it in a fortnight or it could be sat in the port for a few painful weeks. I do hope it's soonish because my current car goes back to Citroen on 23rd May. I can cope with cycling to work for a week but anything more than a couple might prompt me to ask the dealer for a loaner. Yes your right about the wait though !

This feels like the longest part of the wait since it's so near yet so far!

Mine is incredibly similar to yours- also ordered late December with the same colour and the same options (plus heated seats and Xenons, minus the blinds).

Mine was built week 11 and then sat at the port for nearly 3 weeks. Picked it up exactly a week after it came into the country. Had it for three weeks now and love it to bits.

I also got my grille colour-coded and had the dealer fit it for me before delivery. Well worth it I think.

Anyway, good luck with it and keep us updated.

Thanks, I'll keep you updated & put the pics on as soon as. Out of interest what did your dealer charge for the grill? I've seen £60 banded about by a few people.

I think it might take a good hour or two to figure the Maxidot out but I'm happy to sit in garage playing with my new toy.

The grill is £46.95 and a new badge is £12.57 both +vat. Then you would have to get it colour coded some dealers offer the service I think but I'm getting mine done elsewhere

The grill is £46.95 and a new badge is £12.57 both +vat. Then you would have to get it colour coded some dealers offer the service I think but I'm getting mine done elsewhere

Ok thanks for the info. I'll see what the dealer says & take it from there.

Yeah my dealer didn't actually organise the colour coding but I did buy it from them and then I organised to get it done by the dealer groups bodyshop (for just under £50).

Because I had bought it all through them they were happy to fit it FOC.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Out of interest when did you order yours & have you heard anything yet? Mine was ordered Dec 28th. Actually would our cars be on different boats given we are either end of the country ? Can anyone help us on this question ? Thanks in advance, if you can assist.

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

Out of interest when did you order yours & have you heard anything yet? Mine was ordered Dec 28th. Actually would our cars be on different boats given we are either end of the country ? Can anyone help us on this question ? Thanks in advance, if you can assist.

I ordered mine at the end of February and I ain't heard anything yet.

My dealer said that he would get me in before delivery to do some paperwork. So who knows whats happening.

Dealers give the impression that they don't care and so never inform there customers to whats happening. They just want you to appear when it suits them.

If you contact Skoda customer services on 08457 745 745 they are able to check on your order if you give them your order number or name and supplying dealer. I found them really helpful and they told me my car is still in for build week 21 but may get brought forward again or put back but they said that should be unlikely but they told me to call back next week and it should be confirmed by then as a definate week 21

If you contact Skoda customer services on 08457 745 745 they are able to check on your order if you give them your order number or name and supplying dealer. I found them really helpful and they told me my car is still in for build week 21 but may get brought forward again or put back but they said that should be unlikely but they told me to call back next week and it should be confirmed by then as a definate week 21

I'll try them tomorrow & you car is very nicely spec'd if you dont mind me sayin

g, Hopefully you will have yours in around a month'ish. The petrols seem to be flying through production looking at other threads.

i heard my new 4x4 octavia was at the docks (germany) yesterday and the dealer is hopefull it will be here by the weekend - and yes im just a little excited, oh by the way it was ordered Dec 20th.

I'll try them tomorrow & you car is very nicely spec'd if you dont mind me sayin

g, Hopefully you will have yours in around a month'ish. The petrols seem to be flying through production looking at other threads.

Thanks :thumbup: petrols are going through quite quick. I think there're a few in the dealer stock too which is good if someone is looking for one quicker. They just didn't have the spec I was after. I spent today preparing my new grille to be colour coded :)

i heard my new 4x4 octavia was at the docks (germany) yesterday and the dealer is hopefull it will be here by the weekend - and yes im just a little excited, oh by the way it was ordered Dec 20th.

I was told it takes a good fortnight to get from docks to dealer. You must have a very well informed dealer, I wish it were true, mine is still in transit from factory to dealer thats all my dealer could tell me y'day. Someone else was so right saying this part is the longest element of the wait.

It would be handy if Skoda had a site you could enter your order number & see where you car was (like milestones). Not too specific but at least something other than its left the factory or its at the dealer or am I just impacient...??

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

Codders, Have you heard anything yet ? I'm trying to be patient & not hassle the dealer or SUK. If it's here someone will call, is my theory. Mine is either still in Emden docks or on the boat due into Grimsby tonight (I hope as it was built 10 days ago). Seems my thread title was a little premature !

Not long to go now. Car arrived this morning & has been scanned in (whatever that means?) according to SUK, hopefully around a week or so to go now.

mines the same, dealer thinks it may be ready at the weekend

Are you saying yours also came in on the same boat as mine (*Sunday PM) :envy: & the dealer reckons it will be ready for this weekend ? :envy:

Thats quick if thats the case. My dealer said it takes around a week - 10 days or is he just rying to not disapoint me.

Edited by HWMBO - Mark