NEW Scout Yay!

Looks very nice, just needs some mud up the side :thumbup:

LOL I think my Scout will spend the next three years caked in mud - as the last one did!!! :rofl:

Placey - great looking car - you must be chuffed.

I've been thinking about fitting winter tyres since the last cold snap. Are you saying even in warm weather on m-ways etc the wear rate is ok?

Placey - great looking car - you must be chuffed.

I've been thinking about fitting winter tyres since the last cold snap. Are you saying even in warm weather on m-ways etc the wear rate is ok?

Thanks! Yes, my experience with these tyres has been nothing but positive and wear has not been an issue at all, although I have not run them in very hot conditions yet - this summer will be interesting I guess. They DID transform the car this winter in mud and snow ! :)

Sounds great - I'm going to wait until Sept and get either the Pirellis, Dunlop wintersport 4d (just launched) or some contis. Good to have some prior knowledge, cheers.

Sounds great - I'm going to wait until Sept and get either the Pirellis, Dunlop wintersport 4d (just launched) or some contis. Good to have some prior knowledge, cheers.

I was concerned about noise and the feel of the tyre - but the experience has been that there is no real noise at all and the tyre feels like a road tyre. Interestingly, I used to get a lot of punctures but have only had one since last summer - could be a coincidence but it was good news for me - the only slight snag with these tyres is that if you do get an unrepairable puncture it might take some time to get a replacement tyre as they are hard to get through the summer months - well the Pirellis are. I carry a spare tyre in the garage in addition to the space saver in the car to fit on if this happens. :)

Edited by Placey

It's good to hear you are getting on well with the Pirellis - they look the part too. I thought the Dunlops did pretty well last winter, but with those treads the Scout should be unstoppable the next winter season. There's a 1 in 5 hill in out road, so quite looking forward to the snow to try them - in December I ended up doing an awful lot of digging with the Dunlops.

LOL I think my Scout will spend the next three years caked in mud - as the last one did!!! :rofl:

LOL I knew I had a photo of the previous Scout in its 'heyday' !!!

p1050502.jpg

Hmmm that looks ike a Forestry Commission spec fence to me :) - judging by the pine are you a Forester in the Midlands by chance? :D

Hmmm that looks ike a Forestry Commission spec fence to me :) - judging by the pine are you a Forester in the Midlands by chance? :D

Wrong on both counts - almost http://ww1.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0140-rofl.gif I have not been a forester in the Midlands since the late 1980's and the fence is on a private estate in Strathspey. http://ww1.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Wrong on both counts - almost http://ww1.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0140-rofl.gif I have not been a forester in the Midlands since the late 1980's and the fence is on a private estate in Strathspey. http://ww1.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0103-cool.gif

lol OK I lose!!! :rofl:

Owned four of them, 2 mk1 Outbacks and 2 mk2 Outbacks (as well as a standard mk 1 Legacy and a Forester), still have a 2002 3.0 H6, nice car but the Skoda does everything the Outback does for a lot less money and (whisper it) it handles better too!