I wondered why TIM was not recording

On my Audi TIM was set to record traffic updates in the morning and in the afternoon. It always did this regardless of the TP setting. I set the same times in the Yeti and yet there never was any recordings to listen to when I returned to the car and pressed the TIM button. Until this recent trip to Scotland when I selected TP to be on! When I switched off the car I got this message:

imgp7675.jpg

How peculiar. I HATE the TP intrusions over my music but would like TIM to record stuff for me to listen to when I want it. Is there a way or is it only possible with TP on?

What does TIM stand for? (and dare I ask what it is or does)and have I got it? (I suspect I haven't ...it's an SE) I don't think I have the phone thingy either despite it being referred to on a button on the dash.

When I were a lad...(in a broad Yorkshire accent) TIM meant the speaking clock on the new fangled GPO electric telephone.

What does TIM stand for? (and dare I ask what it is or does)and have I got it? (I suspect I haven't ...it's an SE) I don't think I have the phone thingy either despite it being referred to on a button on the dash.

When I were a lad...(in a broad Yorkshire accent) TIM meant the speaking clock on the new fangled GPO electric telephone.

TIM = Traffic information .... something or other. (Monitor?) Hey, we had Tim the speaking clock in Norfolk too!

Personally I never use it 'cos my Tom Tom gives me up to the minute traffic info.

Hehehe. It is the top right button (below Eject) on a Bolero labeled TIM.

1_3_radio_bolero_904x460.jpg

And from the Bolero radio manual:

TIM function (Traffic Information Memory) recorded traffic announcements can be replayed. After entering up to two different TIM recording times in the SETUP Setup, a recording of the traffic announcements is also possible if the unit is switched off.

Hehehe. It is the top right button (below Eject) on a Bolero labeled TIM.

1_3_radio_bolero_904x460.jpg

And from the Bolero radio manual:

TIM function (Traffic Information Memory) recorded traffic announcements can be replayed. After entering up to two different TIM recording times in the SETUP Setup, a recording of the traffic announcements is also possible if the unit is switched off.

Oh, so I might have it then. I'm going through the manual(s) in bed by way of night time reading. Trouble is I read about a page and a half and I'm gone and snoring.

I HATE the TP intrusions over my music but would like TIM to record stuff for me to listen to when I want it. Is there a way or is it only possible with TP on?

I'm sure I managed to configure mine to do that but blowed if I can remember how. I'll have a think about it when I've got the Bolero in front of me later this evening.