Central Locking on the vRS

Hi Guys, hope someone can help me sort this out. Picked up my vRS on Friday, loving it so far, have arrived home tonight and both central locking keys are refusing to work. When I put the key in the door I can only lock and unlock the drivers door, when I attempt to open the passenger doors even with the drivers door open the alarm goes nuts. Is there any sort of reset I can try because until tonight the locking and unlocking has not been a problem.

Cheers.

Put the key in door and turn as too lock, clockwise for a few seconds and then be reset, try this should be fine?

Returned to the car about five minutes after, the central locking worked again once then stopped, then started working again. I will try the reset in a moment to see what happens. thanks.

Hi Congrats on the new car and hope the reset works.

Just a quick question for you, I know it’s off topic but as you have just pick the car up I was wondering if you know what build week it was. Mine is due to be built in week 20, which starts a week tomorrow and I was wondering how long delivery was on yours.

Hi Congrats on the new car and hope the reset works.

Just a quick question for you, I know it’s off topic but as you have just pick the car up I was wondering if you know what build week it was. Mine is due to be built in week 20, which starts a week tomorrow and I was wondering how long delivery was on yours.

Car was ordered 18th of January, Built week beginning March 28th, Collected from the dealers Friday 6th of May. Hope this helps :)

The reset would appear to have worked, think my random turning of the lock may have resulted in me reseting the system anyway, was most likely caused by too much button mashing on my part :D

Car was ordered 18th of January, Built week beginning March 28th, Collected from the dealers Friday 6th of May. Hope this helps :)

The reset would appear to have worked, think my random turning of the lock may have resulted in me reseting the system anyway, was most likely caused by too much button mashing on my part :D

Glad to sse you got the lock sorrted.

Thanks for the update on the dilivery time. I'm going on a 600 mile round trip towards the end of june and I was hoping the vRS would be ready by then. Looking at your timeline I should have it the week before the trip :rofl: Hopefully get the running in over a bit quicker.

The reset would appear to have worked, think my random turning of the lock may have resulted in me reseting the system anyway, was most likely caused by too much button

mashing on my part :D

Well done

Returned to the car about five minutes after, the central locking worked again once then stopped, then started working again. I will try the reset in a moment to see what happens. thanks.

Looks like you have sorted this now...

Mine did the same thing a month or two ago, just happened the once. I locked it with the key, after a few hours it was working again? Hasnt happened again since. :wonder: