oil thirst finally settles down

lee67

As most of u all know my 1.2 has been drinking oil like petrol since new, car was run in as per manual...and has used 4 litres in 7000 miles( dealer said normal) :no: ...anyways she is now on 9500 miles and level is still on max :thumbup: ...she also goes in friday for her first service(10,000)..and a couple of warranty issues( rear badge/white, and rear door sills chipped to hell)...apart from that im still having fun with this amazing engine B) and still averaging 45/50 mpg

Glad to hear the thirst has sorted itself out! Sorry to hear about the chips! I bet Škoda UK wishes now they had remembered to add those foils from day one. But they had their heads in the Hello! magazine the day the first Yeti's specs were chosen I bet...

As most of u all know my 1.2 has been drinking oil like petrol since new, car was run in as per manual...and has used 4 litres in 7000 miles( dealer said normal) :no: ...anyways she is now on 9500 miles and level is still on max :thumbup: ...she also goes in friday for her first service(10,000)..and a couple of warranty issues( rear badge/white, and rear door sills chipped to hell)...apart from that im still having fun with this amazing engine B) and still averaging 45/50 mpg

That is excellent news indeed - and fingers crossed it remains that way. However - while you've been drinking oil, your petrol consumption has been pretty good..... No chance of a mix up, is there?emoticon-0100-smile.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I checked my 110 diesel a few days ago, still over half way between the marks and 15000 miles covered from new, without a single top up!

Just tried an economy run today as I didnt want to fill up until I got back and only 150 miles range at start. 93 miles covered on m'ways, dual c'ways and urban roads, maxidot read up to 63mpg average and finished at 60mpg.

Filled up and indicated range was 720 miles!

Still kept up with most traffic.

Can't beat a diesel in day to day use for economy. (I know they cost more but my employers only provide diesel cars, and I benefit when paying out for fuel for private use)

Our Passat ( same family) drunk oil for the first few thousand miles ( normal said dealer ) , then settled down to nill topup in between services , and that included the towing trips down through France , so it appears to be normal for VAG engines to be oil thirsty for the few thousand miles :thumbup:

Great news, and the mpg good too :thumbup: