Fabia VRS 1:18 model(s)

I hope you don't mind me writing in your thread, but though I'd show you what I did to one of my models - I was bored!

Bought a Rally Fabia 1:18...

DSCN1561.jpg

DSCN1562.jpg

Stripped it down, ground down bonnet vents, and filled, along with aerial holes and rear bumper exhaust hole....

DSCN1570.jpg

Sprayed and lacquered in metallic black (excuse poor pictures - finish is actually very good but the flash picked up too much of the metallic sparkle). I also relocated the under-bonnet intercooler to make it a FMIC and added grill mesh....

DSCN1575.jpg

DSCN1577.jpg

DSCN1578.jpg

DSCN1579.jpg

The only disappointing bit are the holes in the rear window where the rally spoiler was fixed. Not a bad mini project though?

I've also done a couple of limited edition blue ones too. I'm not sure what to do with them yet, maybe sell or maybe keep, we shall see! :)

I bought them off Ebay a while ago mate, they don't come up very often. I paid about £30 each for them (plus paint, lacquer, filler etc), more than I usually spend on models to refurb, but I thought it was worth the risk of ruining them, especially as I have a black magic Fabia VRS myself. I'm dead chuffed with how they turned out! :)

Used to do model stuff years ok..looking good that...I,ve got a dark metallic blue MKI Fabia...that just makes me want to get the WRC body kit from superskoda even moorree!!! I'm already running those five spokes (in silver tho')......But can't afford the £4,000 for the body kit!! :'(

Edited by fabdavrav

£4000!?! I take it they would they be replacement arches? A lot of work (and blood, sweat and tears) would be needed to get it all fitting nicely I would imagine!

Take a look;

http://www.superskoda.com/fabia/wide-bodykit/skoda-fabia-authentic-official-fabia-kit-car-bodykit

Full on wrc kit car kit (no wheels), so thats one roof wing, two side skirts, two wide bumpers, two wide front arches, two wide arch blend add-ons for the rear doors, and the same for the rear wing....then get a good body shop to fit it!!! B)

I was going to colour code the grill, but I thought it may make it look not so much like a Fabia, due to the wide bodykit etc Maybe an idea for the future!

I'm glad everyone likes them though :)

Awesome mate. I'm a resin caster and I make motorcycle trophies for special events. I build them up out of die cast and air fix and modify them like you have to make one off awards!!

E.g. I would mount your fabia onto a base, do a few other things, preping etc, then make a mould of the car out of silicon rubber.

End result - I can make as many as I like but they're all one solid piece of resin.

• 5 weeks later...

Just finished the other two models now, complete with aluminium oval exhausts. Very pleased with the end products. Just need to down size my collection now :( so these are going to be sold!

DSCN1613.jpg

DSCN1609.jpg

Think I still have some blue paint left, so the grill on the blue one could be colour coded if anyone would like :)

If not, they'll have pride of place on the mantle piece!

It looks good, I like it. :thumbup:

If you want to make it a road car, I'd remove that roll cage out of the rear end. Also in real life I bet that exhaust would scrape the ground when you go over (speed) bumps, I guess it would be hard to cut a hole in the bumper for it.

Thanks mate.

The cages are clip-on items and can be removed easily. In one of the black ones, I did the cage black, which makes it more subtle.

As for the exhaust, trying to drill out the metal bumper and flare it for the exhaust would have been a big job to do realistically :)

As a previous purchaser of one of Boyler's modded SE models, I've gotta say that the quality of the work he has done is fantastic - it actually looks a lot better in the flesh than in the pics B)

I would recommend anyone that is interested to snap one up quickly, as the WRC models (which they are based on) seem to be getting rarer on ebay.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...