Isofix Child Seats

Good afternoon. I am looking forward to order a Britax Kidfix Sict child seat using the Isofix system. Since this will be our first Isofix childseat I want to ask you if it is easy to fit an isofix child seat to our Roomster back seats or not? Our present childseats are Britax First Class Si which are universal ones (not isofix).

Any experience - opinion will be welcomed.

Thank you in advance, Stratos.

Good afternoon. I am looking forward to order a Britax Kidfix Sict child seat using the Isofix system. Since this will be our first Isofix childseat I want to ask you if it is easy to fit an isofix child seat to our Roomster back seats or not? Our present childseats are Britax First Class Si which are universal ones (not isofix).

Any experience - opinion will be welcomed.

Thank you in advance, Stratos.

Yes, I am actually fitting a Maxicosi Priorifix in the Roomy and everything's OK.

If you have not ordered it, yet, I have some advice for you, based on European Consumers Groups tests (Which, Stiftung Warentest, Altroconsumo...). Last year they tested some seats for every group (0, 1, 2, 3, 2-3) using parameters which are stricter than today EU certification standards.

In group 2-3 the best are:

1 - RÖMER Kidfix (Isofix) - 77/100 points (Best Product in test)

2 - CYBEX Solution X-Fix (Isofix) - 76 pts

3 - CONCORD Transformer T (with Snap) - 75 pts

4 - BEBECONFORT Rodi XR - 75 pts

5 - RÖMER Kid Plus - 74 pts

6 - CYBEX Solution X - 74 pts

7 - BEBECONFORT Moby - 73 pts (Best Buy for quality-price ratio)

Edited by Lorenzo

Stratos,

We have a Britax Duo Plus seat, which we use in the Roomster in ISOFIX mode. It's a very good seat. It fits OK in the car, but I did modify the plastic spacers that keep the metal fixings away from the upholstery as they didn't fit very well.

My advice when fitting an ISOFIX seat is to recline the seat in the car, to give a bit more adjusting room. Don't try and fit the seat in 2 minutes in your lunch hour - just take your time and follow the instructions, you should be OK.

One word of warning for Roomster owners with ISOFIX seats that use an optional additional strap at the back of the seat is make sure you clip the strap to the fixed bar, NOT the bar that tips the seat forward. I did this once by accident when I clipped on blind without going in the boot. In an accident, clipping onto the seat bar would cause the whole seat to tip forward - not what you want.

@Lorentzo

Thank you very much for your respond. No i haven't order the seat yet but i will really soon, after reading more tests, but my vote till now goes to Britax Roemer Kidfix Sict a brand new 2011 model.

@DanH

Thank you too for your respond, specially for easy fitting instructions and precautions.

Since i am a newbie at Isofix car seats both of you were very helpful. Now it's up to me to place the order and fit our new seat. I think it won't take more than a month.

Best regards, Stratos

@Lorentzo

Thank you very much for your respond. No i haven't order the seat yet but i will really soon, after reading more tests, but my vote till now goes to Britax Roemer Kidfix Sict a brand new 2011 model.

It seems like the Kidfix Sict is an updated version of the Kidfix. I am sure it performs at least as good as the original Kidfix (Test Winner). My advice is, if you are on a budget and do not want to compromise on safety matters, try with last year models. You will probably get the same safety with a considerable discount.

Few days ago I bought two good Group 1 seats (Maxi-cosi Priorifix and Tobi) and saved a good amount of money, since both of them are in the middle of their commercial life (though they are still safer than some newer and dearer competitors, according to tests).

Today I received our brand new Britax Roemer Kidfix Sict (Jet). The installation was a piece of cake due to DanH's advice for reclining Roomster's seat :thumbup: and it took me no more than five (5) minutes. I must admit that I didn't use the plastic spacers and actually my opinion is that there is no reason to use them since the metal fixings don't seem to cause any damage to car's upholstery.

Also I'd like to thank Lorenzo, for his interest and valuable advice he provided me.

Today I received our brand new Britax Roemer Kidfix Sict (Jet). The installation was a piece of cake due to DanH's advice for reclining Roomster's seat :thumbup: and it took me no more than five (5) minutes. I must admit that I didn't use the plastic spacers and actually my opinion is that there is no reason to use them since the metal fixings don't seem to cause any damage to car's upholstery.

Also I'd like to thank Lorenzo, for his interest and valuable advice he provided me.

Dear Stratos, it is a pleasure to give a little help, especiall when it comes to chidren's safety.

As to the matter, I neither fit the plastic spacers of my MaxiCosi Priorifix, since the isofix metal fixings are pretty accessible and the holes in the seat upholstery are too narrow to fit the plastic adapters.