Tuning BOX Wanted PD100

Hi guys,

If anyone is selling a tuning box or know of someone who is selling selling one could you please let me know?

I've looked in the sale section.

I'm after the quality ones:

- PSI Motorsport

- Dragon Performance etc

Thanks Guys

I dont see why my car is any different than the thousands if others! And for what its worth the car wasnt any faster when.it.did start

No I meant it could have happened to your car, due to an underlying problem.

BUT thousands of cars are using these boxes???

You were probably just unlucky, or poor servicing, driving style, wrong set up etc etc.

;)

Edited by Faaaabia

lol

we had one of those boxes on a golf. Absolute tat.

So you're looking for a quality one....... 70p for a potentiometer in maplin.

What brand were you using? where did you get it from?

it was on a golf my mate bought. The car was running like crap and overfueling like hell, especially on low revs. As soon as it was removed all was fine again. I'd say it maybe added 15bhp but it was a fairly rough 15bhp.

From what I can remember it could have been a psi motorsport one but I can't remember. I remember checking it on the internet and it was over £200 to buy new.

it was on a golf my mate bought. The car was running like crap and overfueling like hell, especially on low revs. As soon as it was removed all was fine again. I'd say it maybe added 15bhp but it was a fairly rough 15bhp.

From what I can remember it could have been a psi motorsport one but I can't remember. I remember checking it on the internet and it was over £200 to buy new.

lol I nearly brought one of those on Ebay for about £45. The PSI Unit is very good though. :S

Generally, the digital ones are good, but the older analogue types are less refined and are a bit crude - i.e. you'll end up with lots of smoke due to over fuelling.

I have one from tuning-diesels.com on my Rover and it's highly recommended.

Al

There are no underlying issues with my car at all, not to mention servicing is carried out every 5k, driving style is better than most! Altho driving style or servicing are completely irrelevant and in no way related to fitting a tuning box! Especially since the car did not start!!! Car runs perfect with a remap. Dont go the cheap route

There are no underlying issues with my car at all, not to mention servicing is carried out every 5k, driving style is better than most! Altho driving style or servicing are completely irrelevant and in no way related to fitting a tuning box! Especially since the car did not start!!! Car runs perfect with a remap. Dont go the cheap route

And yet, I know of a few people who have had excellent results with a tuning box, including one well-known member on here whose car made impressive figures on the rollers.

I think much of it is just luck :S

personally i dont think mine worked as it was fitted to another car for many years, bought off a member on here who also put out impressive figures so i thought id hav no trouble. but no such luck. whether that was something to do with it being fitted to his car and "learning" it, doubtful. all a bit funny and im not the only one who has trouble with tuning boxing. either way they are a very crude way of tuning and its up to you whether you put it on your car or not. just giving my experience and possibly saving you some issues

personally i dont think mine worked as it was fitted to another car for many years, bought off a member on here who also put out impressive figures so i thought id hav no trouble. but no such luck. whether that was something to do with it being fitted to his car and "learning" it, doubtful. all a bit funny and im not the only one who has trouble with tuning boxing. either way they are a very crude way of tuning and its up to you whether you put it on your car or not. just giving my experience and possibly saving you some issues

Fair enough mate, I understand where you're coming from. I think luck does come into play as well. I've just brought an analogue box off a member here for £35 (10 months old) it's usually £119.99 on TDI-TUNING.CO.UK. When I get back home I will post the results. I wanted a remap but thought I'd give the cheaper route a punt. I'd rather get a VRS or Ibiza Fr when my insurance drops. Time being this box will have to do. :)