Skoda extended warranty

I do 36,000 miles a year so the factory warranty is going to last me about 22 months.

When I worked for Toyota, the extended warranty was unlimited mileage even though the factory warranty was 3 years/60k just like skoda. The deal with Toyota was that if you bought at least a 1 year extended warranty when the car was new it upgraded the whole warranty to unlimited mileage.

Does anyone know how extended warranties work with skoda? My dealer has no idea and keeps telling me not to worry ad skoda will ring me to extend before mine expires - except they won't because I will run out if miles way before the three years

Warranties Direct will undertake a 100,000 mile warranty (just google it!) for sure and maybe more. They are pretty much the best of the add on warranty lot and always seem to honor any claims without quibble. My ex colleague who runs a 5 year old Lexus 4x4 just had his auto gearbox rebuilt at a cost of £5,000...yes honestly. That's how much it cost! There was a small excess of £750 due to the age and high mileage of his car, but Warranties Direct picked up the rest of the cost no problem. The warranty covered every little thing on the car, but they do all sorts of levels of cover for quite small sums of money. Give them a try.

Edited by Estate Man

When I had my previous shape VRS that had an extended warranty to make it to 4 years. The mileage was unlimited iirc, and it was cheap, only about £150 ish, the dealer threw it in for free :) And I defo got my monies worth out of it, claimed that just for a hire car when mine went in! It includes Skoda assist as well if that will sway it..

They were pretty good as well, there are a few weird things it didn't cover (in my case wiring, as if they expect it to be crap??) but I had quite a few bits out of them without too many problems.

I do 36,000 miles a year so the factory warranty is going to last me about 22 months.

Splitting hairs I know but it'll be 24 months! The first 2 years are unlimited. The 3rd year is limited to 60K. :thumbup:

Not that it makes a huge difference to your calculations but the first two years are unlimited mileage, its only the 3rd that you have the 60k limit.

Edit - I should really read before I post >.< Beaten to it!

Edited by Kablam

edDog

Posted Yesterday, 23:40

skodakev, on 19 May 2011 - 20:38, said:

Not the Reddog from RIP are you

RIP?? What's that then?

Its what the internet was invented for. rustyinplaces.org Its a gaming clan were i spend some spare time attacking bots. There is a guy there with the nickname Reddog B)