Stupid question but how do you remove the aerial!?

As above, when I unscrew the aerial it goes loose but wont come out, do I need to pull a lot harder or is there a trick that i'm missing??? :wonder: :wonder:

Anti-theft aerial thread end makes it difficult to remove once unscrewed as far as possible.

As said a hard sudden jerk should remove aerial stalk, once unscrewed all the way out.

A few years ago someone removed my aerial stalk overnight and damaged the threads on doing so,

then I had to buy a complete new aerial and base unit (about £45.00 all-in.) from Skoda dept.

As said, easiest way is to unscrew as far as you can, then lie the aerial parallel to the roof - then pull it backwards, away from the rear window of the car.

Guest BigJase88

Anti-theft aerial thread end makes it difficult to remove once unscrewed as far as possible.

As said a hard sudden jerk should remove aerial stalk, once unscrewed all the way out.

A few years ago someone removed my aerial stalk overnight and damaged the threads on doing so,

then I had to buy a complete new aerial and base unit

(about £45.00 all-in.) from Skoda dept.

How much?

Could you not have tapped it out or maybe thread locked it in?

• 2 weeks later...

Paying for it to be tapped out would not be a guaranteed risk that threads could be re-used.

As for locking/ fixing aerial in position, was not an option, as I need to drop the aerial for entry into low garage opening.