WANTED: Someone in Portsmouth to purchase a tiny bulb for £1.20 and then post it on to me.

No Waiting

I'm refitting our Diving Club's rib, and need a replacement instrumentation bulb - it's really tiny (approx 5mm diameter and 12mm long) and weights next to nothing, but the suppliers (Furneaux Riddall) insist they will only send it out via carrier for another £6.00 emoticon-0106-crying.gif

I'm looking for someone in Portsmouth who can pop in and collect one for me, stick it in a jiffy bag, and post it on to me - I'll happily PayPal Gift you the cost of the bulb, jiffy bag and postage in return.

Alternatively, does any one know somewhere else to get a 12v 1.2w Red VDO Instrument bulb from? As per Ref 286 here - http://www.furneauxriddall.com/cgi-bin/sh000004.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2efurneauxriddall%2ecom%2f&WD=1%20286r&PN=Miniature_Bulbs%2ehtml%23a286R#a286R

Thank you - that helps a lot... :thumbup:

Yes they are like the standard W5W Side Light bulbs, but smaller, so assuming W5W is the base style and the T number is the diameter (T10 for side lights), then all I need is a Red 12v 1.2w W5W T5 - simples! B)

Now why didn't I get that? - because I was searching for them late last night after a busy day! :doh:

Thank you - that helps a lot... :thumbup:

Yes they are like the standard W5W Side Light bulbs, but smaller, so assuming W5W is the base style and the T number is the diameter (T10 for side lights), then all I need is a Red 12v 1.2w W5W T5 - simples! B)

Now why didn't I get that? - because I was searching for them late last night after a busy day! :doh:

I live near Portsmouth so can pop in to Furneaux Riddall next week if still needed.

Many thanks for the offer charlie vrs, but Gizmo68 pointed me in the right direction and I was ablwe to get one for 30p from my local auto enginners (2 min walk from my office!) :rofl: