headlight warning sound

just noticed the warning sound reminding you that you ve left your lights on when you open the door is not working,any ideas?? and is it easyily fixed? my first skoda,and only just finding my way around it lol. any help much appreicated. :)

mmmm whats a puddle light? if its the interior light ,they all work fine and headlights all work,just dont beep to warn me i left lights on when i leave car

Warning only works when exiting via the drivers door. The puddle light is the light with the red/white cover on the bottom of the door trim. It is possible of course that puddle light might have been disconnected if the door trim has been removed in the past.

When the car is locked does the alarm LED flash in the door and when unlocked does it stop flashing?

If you unlock the car (with the remote) and wait 30 seconds (iirc), does it lock? If so, then unlock it again, and then open the drivers door and close it again and wait... does the car re-lock again (don't put keys in the ignition, etc).

It should be a buzz noise you are expecting to hear, you get bongs for seatbelt, beeps for low oil pressure and low windscreen water solution, etc. (iirc)

Edited by mbames

right,just clicked you mean door panel light lol,and just checked and it aint working either so sounds like door switch,next question is how do i change that,?? do door panel have to come off? is it just a switch or whole mechanism have to be changed?

There are 3 microswitches within the door lock assembly. One of them has probably failed (or it might have a dry joint).

Door panel off, lock out and then look/examine. It is possible to source replacement microswitches and fir them. However Skoda won't help you with a DIY fix, they will only supply a new lock :no:

ok cheers ,ill try stripping it when i get chance,just checked locking of doors,does relock after 30 secs,but led wasnt flashing,so unlocked again ,opened and closed door and it relocked again after 30 secs,but led didnt flash ,so i pressed lock on remote and it made locking noise again and led started flashing,but buzzer still dont sound when lights on or door panel light dont come on,so must be switch in lock,cheers for help fellas. :thumbup:

Sounds like a microswitch issue, take care not to get your keys accidentally locked in the car until you can fix it.

There is a guide on here (and on the Golf mk4 forums) about fixing the lock, and supply for the microswitches. Have a google, as the search on here isn't always that good at finding the more suitable posts.

cheers fellas,had a bash earlier ,got panel off,undone most thngs,then got a bit stuck getting latch out of door,couldnt really tell what was stopping it,so gave up and put it back together.then read this and seen you need to take external handle of too lol.never mind,ill have another bash soon.strange though ,my interior light works ok,just door light and warning bleep for headlights. :rofl:

cheers fellas,had a bash earlier ,got panel off,undone most thngs,then got a bit stuck getting latch out of door,couldnt really tell what was stopping it,so gave up and put it back together.then read this and seen you need to take external handle of too lol.never mind,ill have another bash soon.strange though ,my interior light works ok,just door light and warning bleep for headlights. :rofl:

Does the interior light come on when you open the drivers door?? Do you get the warning light on your dashboard?? If so then it's not the microswitch!

The microswitch on mine has gone, but the interior light comes on when I unlock the car, or take the key out of the ignition.

I would put money on the light switching off rather than staying on if you leave the drivers door open.

aye when i open drivers door,interior light comes on,light in door does nt(checked bulb ,works ok).just went out to car,and interior light no longer comes on lol,must have been on its way or something.

Edited by codling99

aye when i open drivers door,interior light comes on,light in door does nt(checked bulb ,works ok).just went out to car,and interior light no longer comes on lol,must have been on its way or something.

As Andrew says, the light comes on when just unlocked, or keys removed from ignition, so it's easy to be confused by it!!