Advice on boxer dogs

danroly

may be taking the plunge and getting a boxer pup, any advice welcome. had a boxer before but she was adult when we got her and relatively chilled.

On a car related note can you get a divider (or whatever they are called) for the boot on hatchback? no way am i having a boxer on VRS seats, they will get wrecked!

Cheers

Dan

from past experiance with boxers the answer from me would be dont!!...unless you have lots of patience, lots of land and lots of time!!...oh and a mop handy for the slavers that get everywhere!! They can be very hyper and take a very long time to settle down to rest!! Sorry to be negative but ive had four over the years and wouldnt have another one!

As for a a dog fence, get one that doesnt need to be ajusted too much as they tend to fall over all the time!!...Now i just pull the headrests up as far as they will go plus with the angle of the back seat it will make it difficult for a wee thing to get over onto the seats!!

K:)

They can be lovely dogs, but as Kit says, they're hyperactive and need loads of exercise. In a previous company I worked for one of our engineers used to take his boxer dog around in his car. When he handed his car back, every hard plastic surface had been chewed within an inch of it's life. I've never seen such a mess......

Phil

My neighbour has a young one that is massive that he got after his first one bit a vistitor to the house and had to be given the blue juice :( !!...he has a holiday home in Wexford but he has to take the dog down in his builders van rather than in the car with the wife and kids as it has destroyed two cars already!!...He wishing now he got a staffy as he thinks mine is just wonderful and does exactly what its told!! :)

K:)