Can the Maxidot (Car Computer) Software be updated ?

I have a 2009 Octavia II model, and I noticed that 2010 and 2011 models came with a later software for the car computer (the maxidot)

and I'm asking if can my car's computer's software be updated to the same version or not? if yes then how :) ?

Thanks,

I have a 2009 Octavia II model, and I noticed that 2010 and 2011 models came with a later software for the car computer (the maxidot)

and I'm asking if can my car's computer's software be updated to the same version or not? if yes then how :) ?

Thanks,

The maxidot on the facelifted (FL) Octavia is different to the one on the pre FL model so I doubt the software would be compatible.

For example, the earlier model (as I remember from a brief period with a courtesy car!) has colour display of warnings for low fuel, low washer fluid etc. The FL maxidot gives the message for low fuel etc but the yellow warning light illuminates in the dash.

Your 2009 model is right on the change - is it a FL or Pre FL?

My car is a Facelift model .. so what I'm asking can I or is it doable that I can update that software to the latest ? like the same type of my car just the newer one ? the 2011 FL

because as far as I know, 2009, 2010 and 2011 FL octavia models in Egypt (where I live) all have the same GSM II bluetooth module but with the newer model the maxidot shows more (i.e phone's name and signal bar)