Bolero Radio

This started 2 weeks ago. I have a 10 plate Octavia est. I was driving to work listening to the Radio then on its own account it switched over to the media player (SD Card). Last friday the car was parked on my drive and (when I last switched it off it was on the radio)the media player started up by itself. Vehicle was locked and had been sitting overnight. For the last two days when I have started the car the media player has come on when I know the last time I switched it off I was listening to the radio.

Has any one had same similar problem or is the car Haunted!!

Geoff

Mine did this and it was replaced under warranty as the garage said it was faulty. Bonus was that I got the latest Bolero that read the SD reasonably quickly rather than having to wait minutes for it to read it.

Has the Bolero stroke VW RCD510 been updated has it? My new Skoda in a couple of weeks will have a Bolero where as my current VW has a RCD510 in it, same unit I believe and yes the SD card takes an eternity to be played from!

Mine did this and it was replaced under warranty as the garage said it was faulty. Bonus was that I got the latest Bolero that read the SD reasonably quickly rather than having to wait minutes for it to read it.

It did the same thing this morning (media started by itself). Interesting thing is that it started from the begining of the card. It could be bad contacts so I will remove and replace the card a few times to clean them.

Thanks john_walker74. I will call the garage and see what they have to say.

My Bolero did the same thing a while back during the night so I just unplugged the card each night to ensure it did not happen again. I also had a problem with the Ipod aux connection so had the stereo changed on waranty as well. Now seems to be working fine with no repeats of the night playing and the aux connection working as well.