aftermarket hid 6000k in fog lights

hello.

i`we just fitted hid in my fog lights and it looked so much better than std.

now one of them is not working then it`s the other one and suddenly it`s nothing there.

sometimes when i turn the lights on first and then start the car it works perfectly.

i have fitted canbus igniters.

i`m running out of ideas can someone help me?

if you can`t help and just want me to rip it off and complaint about bright lights on aftermarket sets

don`t bother posting that spam here in this thread.

Are you sure it's not just the cornering lights kicking in?

Xenon's in the cornering lights however will have a very short life (they do not like being turned on then off again in a short space of time) they also take a few seconds to warm up and produce their full brightness, which in a cornering light is never going to happen.

I take it you don't get much fog up in Norway then?

Have you done a scan to what fault codes are present?

it`s not. when i drive on just fog it gets left foglight broken, after a time it gets right fog light broken.

we have a great deal of fog.

i have not driven on afs with this mounted.

i was meaning to turn this function off, but have no vcds.

any sulotions?

Find someone with VCDs and pay them to do it. :-)

Also 6000k in fog lights? I would've gone with 3k imo, but i guess it's a matter of taste...

Find someone with VCDs and pay them to do it. :-)

Also 6000k in fog lights? I would've gone with 3k imo, but i guess it's a matter of taste...

4300k is OEM as far as i believe - 6000k was too "Blue" for me in a previous car... changed to 4300 and was much better :)

HID's in a Reflector unit in the Uk is illegal, without washers, self leveling and a projector-style housing; hence the few replies here...

Al.

we have a great deal of fog.

What you will find then is in foggy conditions where the visibility is bad enough that fog lights are actually needed is that you would have reduced their effectiveness by fitting brighter, whiter bulbs, all this will do is to lead to more scatter of the light on the fog making them pointless.

Yes they will look better than a OE 'yellowish' halogen bulb but you will find you can no longer use them effectively for their intended purpose,

the performance of headlights and foglights is far more important IMO that the aesthetics of them.

i asked the company that selled it to me and he said that maybe my car electronic was very sensible and maybe i needed bigger ballasts like 50W.

i will come back with more when i know more

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this, I have a bit of a similar problem where I get an intermittent bulb failure after I fitted HIDs to my dipped beams. It only happens once every twenty times or so but gets a bit irritating. And it could be to either bulb. Running them for a year now and would struggle to return to the standard bulbs, so it would be nice to sort it.

Any update on this, I have a bit of a similar problem where I get an intermittent bulb failure after I fitted HIDs to my dipped beams. It only happens once every twenty times or so but gets a bit irritating. And it could be to either bulb. Running them for a year now and would struggle to return to the standard bulbs, so it would be nice to sort it.

Once a month mine did it also, ( either bulb didnot ignight( usually drivers side)

Once I altered the - to the chassis never again show up.

Do need to clean any dirk/paint so the bolt does actually - to the chassis