Fabia Mk II 2 year service cost. -- Any ideas?

Hi, I have a Mk II fabia 1.2 ( the base model) and it has been a pretty good buy. ( i had an '99 Octavia from new previously) and it is time for the 2nd year service.

I had a little warranty work done on the parcel shelf done a few month ago and they noted a slight leak on the water pump which I intend to get done with this service which I have booked to get done at Benfield Skoda in Newcastle.

They have quoted me £298 for the 2 year service, but does anyone know if this is a decent price (they say the brake fluid has to be changed on this service)

Is this about right or should I be looking at other alternatives?

Ideally, somewhere around the South Shields area would be great !! Ta for any replies.

Hi, I have a Mk II fabia 1.2 ( the base model) and it has been a pretty good buy. ( i had an '99 Octavia from new previously) and it is time for the 2nd year service.

I had a little warranty work done on the parcel shelf done a few month ago and they noted a slight leak on the water pump which I intend to get done with this service which I have booked to get done at Benfield Skoda in Newcastle.

They have quoted me £298 for the 2 year service, but does anyone know if this is a decent price (they say the brake fluid has to be changed on this service)

Is this about right or should I be looking at other alternatives?

Ideally, somewhere around the South Shields area would be great !! Ta for any replies.

Hey you should try Pullman Skoda they have a place at both Durham and Sunderland. Benfield quoted me £169 for my first year service on my Mk2 vRS but Pullman quoted me £78, needless to say im heading down to Durham on saturday morning, even with the petrol im easily saving £75. Pullman have a offer on at the minute as they have only recently taken over the skoda franchise, although have been vw for quite a long time.

The Wife's 1.2 htp Fabia 2 blueline is due it's second year service, 2 main dealers have quoted £172 & £169. Second year service was quoted to include brake fluid change & pollen filter.

The Wife's 1.2 htp Fabia 2 blueline is due it's second year service, 2 main dealers have quoted £172 & £169. Second year service was quoted to include brake fluid change & pollen filter.

I got the Wife to book the car in for the service from the dealer that quoted £169 (as they are nearer to me) & they emailed me a new quote of £256! I've cancelled that one and I will call the other dealer to confirm the price is correct.

I phoned Benfield Skoda in Newcastle (are you listening Benfield Skoda?) and asked them if the offer of £299 for two services was available and after being transferred to SIX different people who were unable to answer my question, I was told I should ring their head office to find out if this offer was available.It just done my head in lol !!! --- I gave in and decided to stick with Pulman Skoda in Durham.

Well i had mine serviced down at pulman in durham last sat and they were very efficient watched some tennis with a free coffee while i waited and the tech was very helpful turning on some of the programmable extras via vcds. Definatly recommended

Finally booked the Wife's Fabia in for it's second year service. I had 4 quotes, 1st dealer quoted £169 then changed the quote to £256, 2nd dealer quoted £155 when I phoned for confirmation of the price they came back with over £300. An approved Skoda service centre quoted £215 and finally the dealer I use for servicing the Octavia quoted and confirmed £165.

It pays to phone around the dealers for prices, because there seems to be a big difference between them.

got my Fabia back from Pulman Skoda in Durham after they serviced it and noted on the info pack that they supplied there is a voucher for two services (including an MOT) for £349. Not too bad ??? what do others think?

BTW, Pulman Skoda were great, they picked up my car from where I work and returned it there for no extra cost.