Tow bar install = warning lights flashing?

Hi all

I just installed a westfalia towbar on my Octavia vRS TFSI and sent it to a nearby workshop to get the tow bar coding done in the control unit.

When I picked the car up again the warning light for the handbrake was flashing, and there were three loud beeps. I called the workshop, and they told my something about a vacuum sensor failure (in the brake system), and that it is ~£200 repair in parts + labor. Now my thought is that, when I delivered the car, nothing was wrong - then they had to do some ESP/brake coding in the control unit - and now something is wrong with the brakes. I am not saying the mechanic is telling lies, but to me it sounds a bit iffy.

Has anyone else had the same experience after a tow bar install and if so, what can be wrong?

Thanks

Anders

Hi all

I just installed a westfalia towbar on my Octavia vRS TFSI and sent it to a nearby workshop to get the tow bar coding done in the control unit.

When I picked the car up again the warning light for the handbrake was flashing, and there were three loud beeps. I called the workshop, and they told my something about a vacuum sensor failure (in the brake system), and that it is ~£200 repair in parts + labor. Now my thought is that, when I delivered the car, nothing was wrong - then they had to do some ESP/brake coding in the control unit - and now something is wrong with the brakes. I am not saying the mechanic is telling lies, but to me it sounds a bit iffy.

Has anyone else had the same experience after a tow bar install and if so, what can be wrong?

Thanks

Anders

Solved. Used the old code instead of the new one - I do not drive with a caravan :o)