Getting ARB bushes changed, should I do others at same time?

Hi, Sorry to post another bush question but it's fairly specific...

My Vrs had the new style console bush fitted before I got it (25k ago). It now has a clunk on braking to a stop and while tracking over little bumps. From the info i've read on here, that's probably the arb bushes (?). I've bought some Powerflex arb bushes which I'm having fitted on Wednesday., should i get the front bushes on wishbone changed at the same time? i.e. would it save me any money ?? Car has done 75k.

Thanks

Hi, Sorry to post another bush question but it's fairly specific...

My Vrs had the new style console bush fitted before I got it (25k ago). It now has a clunk on braking to a stop and while tracking over little bumps. From the info i've read on here, that's probably the arb bushes (?). I've bought some Powerflex arb bushes which I'm having fitted on Wednesday., should i get the front bushes on wishbone changed at the same time? i.e. would it save me any money ?? Car has done 75k.

Thanks

Front bush on front wishbone.....OEM is ok and pretty tough.......if upgrading use a SuperPro version as better than the Powerflex version!!! I know from experiance!!!! Also if you have the old style ARB then that should be changed or use Whiteline end stops. Clunking can also be from the Arb drop links as these fail...easy to replace Meyle do much better HD versions

See my post for more info

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/200949-upgrade-the-bushes/

B)

The ARB bushes only require you to remove the front wheels to change, where as the other bushes need the wishbone etc removing - Obviously going to be more expensive, but its not going to save you much by getting them done now - or later. However the feel of the car after upgrading the old style bushes even to the newer ones is pretty different (tighter, all be it more noisy - i get more noise over the rougher motorway sections now)

I upgraded one of my cars only to regret it, the silky smooth traction disappeared at low revs and the noise was unacceptable, so it was either a divorce or change back to standard, I opted for the latter and back to smooth traction, it transformed the car and made it a joy to drive once again - so your choice.

DB.

I upgraded one of my cars only to regret it, the silky smooth traction disappeared at low revs and the noise was unacceptable, so it was either a divorce or change back to standard, I opted for the latter and back to smooth traction, it transformed the car and made it a joy to drive once again - so your choice.

DB.

Don't tell me...you fitted the cupra console bushes????? Powerflex or SuperPro much quieter!!! B)

Yep, Cupra console bushes and purple Powerflex at the front, as most folk recommended on here. However that was 2 years ago and thankfully now removed.

DB.

Yep, Cupra console bushes and purple Powerflex at the front, as most folk recommended on here. However that was 2 years ago and thankfully now removed.

DB.

And people still recommend them on this site...and poor "innocents" are still getting duped!!! The New Powerflex, or SuperPro are as quiet as OEM and as stiff as cupra, but work in a better way than both!!! So win win!! B)

• 2 weeks later...

And people still recommend them on this site...and poor "innocents" are still getting duped!!! The New Powerflex, or SuperPro are as quiet as OEM and as stiff as cupra, but work in a better way than both!!! So win win!! B)

I'm looking at buying a fabia superpro kit from ebay, £150. It contains:

1 x front control arm, inner front bush kit

1x front control arm, inner rear bush kit (standard alignment).

Seems expensive for only two sets of bushes, am I missing something?