After personally clocking up 130k miles in my VRS it's finally time to sign off and move on...

So after 5.5 years of ownership and some 130k miles it is finally time for a change - i will miss the car, overall experience has been very good. Is just about to reach 150k and you can't fault it.

Over all that time and mileage it has let me down only 3 times. Once for a boost hose, once for a replacement turbo and recently a dead battery.

Congratulations to skoda for building a tough little car with good performance and great economy.

Some boring stats i have accumulated over the years:

BP fuel over 14746miles returned 43.77mpg

BP ULTIMATE over 34814miles returned 46.60mpg (Saving of 2.8%)

BP ULTIMATE + Millers over 6645miles returned 47.55mpg (Saving of 4.8%)

BP + Millers over 59567miles returned 47.33mpg (Saving of 8.1%)

Maximum MPG on a tank 53.71mpg

Minimum MPG on a tank 36.06mpg

12 services

2 Cambelts

1 exchange water pump

1 turbo

1 radiator

2 fog lamps

1 glove box lamp

1 brake pedal switch

1 roof aerial

1 battery

Numerous headlight and general bulbs - gave up with fancy bright ones and now use cheapest with also last longest

16 tyres bought - Michelin Exaltos lasted the best and £/m were more economical than the Pirelli PZeros

I've been to Scotland with bikes on the roof, skiing in italy 4 or 5 times, lyon, hannover, antwerp, numerous trips to london and bristol.

All in a great car. I will be sad to see it go but time to move on to something a bit bigger and quicker :)

+1 - How much more detail can you include? EG:

Price that you initially purchased the car for?

Price that you sold the car for?

Money spent on parts?

Money spent on services?

Total spent on fuel?

Any main issues with the car? Paint peel/ Doors leaking?

really excellant post :) and proof finally that bp ultimate and millers yields better economy :)

how long did the original turbo last if you mind me asking? did you warm up and cool down the car? and how hard would you have driven it?

cheers

+1 - How much more detail can you include? EG:

Price that you initially purchased the car for?

Price that you sold the car for?

Money spent on parts?

Money spent on services?

Total spent on fuel?

Any main issues with the car? Paint peel/ Doors leaking?

I think i paid about £10.5k from skoda main dealer when 2 years old and 23k miles.

Not sold it yet - currently on autotrader or will be choped in when deal on new motor is agreed.

Parts - i have all receipts at home so could add up - really not that bad. tyres is the biggie as i have always gone with "premium" brand so i guess £1600 on tyres, turbo was £400ish?, Radiator £90, Fog lamps x2 at £50, wipers say £100, bulbs say £50, battery £70, aerial £20

Services - again i have all receipts - inclusing turbo fitment and 2 oil changes for that i think the total is about £2800

Fuel costs?? At todays rates £17,340!!! wish i hadn't woked that out now :(

Tax 120x5.5 = £660

Insurance say £500x5.5 = £2750

Total costs assuming 25% retained value (really not sure what it is worth) £33,855...ouch but only £0.27p/mile which i don't think is really that bad for the performance you get.

really excellant post :) and proof finally that bp ultimate and millers yields better economy :)

how long did the original turbo last if you mind me asking? did you warm up and cool down the car? and how hard would you have driven it?

cheers

I would say BP ultimate doesn't cost you any more....my figures are slightly low for "BP" as when i go skiing in italy fully loaded up with roof box etc i don't take Millers so all the fuel for those trips gets lumped in the "BP" group - doing 80mph for 10hrs straight on the french m-ways the car only does 38-40mpg

Millers certainly improves economy though and is well worth using.

Faults - only the standard ones - leaky doors, peeling rear spoiler

Turbo went at 132k miles, original clutch

How do i drive? - well the front discs and pads have lasted 100k and recently passed MOT without comment, i also got 40k out of a set of 4 michelin tyres... i use the performance but don't abuse or rag around the bends