Rear brake upgrade to 256mm

GnatG

A mate of mine is in the process of upgrading the rear brakes on his Polo 1.8Gti. He's bought Audi S3 quattro rear calipers and carriers as he was told they would fit. He's tried fitting but mentioned that they don't meet the discs. Any ideas as I thought he might have had more joy putting Octy RS calipers and carriers on?

A mate of mine is in the process of upgrading the rear brakes on his Polo 1.8Gti. He's bought Audi S3 quattro rear calipers and carriers as he was told they would fit. He's tried fitting but mentioned that they don't meet the discs. Any ideas as I thought he might have had more joy putting Octy RS calipers and carriers on?

Assuming the Polo's the same as the Fabia/Ibiza, then the 4WD cars' carriers won't fit. Jason (Devonutopia) went through this a few months back.

J.

Assuming the Polo's the same as the Fabia/Ibiza, then the 4WD cars' carriers won't fit. Jason (Devonutopia) went through this a few months back.

J.

Cheers mate. That's what I was assuming but wanted to make sure. I think he needed to go the leon Cupra or Octy VRS route. I'll let him know.

I think I remember seeing a kit on the Awesome GTI website that adapted those brakes to fit the 2WD platforms...Worth a look IMO!

Couldn't see anything appropriate on Awesome... Had a quick check on VAG cat. The caliper part number for the S3 (8N0615423C + 8N0615424C) which I believe my friend has bought are the same as the Leon Cupra. Obviously the carriers are a different part number (1J0615425C + 1J0615426C for the Leon) so just need to confirm that these will fit on the Polo!