Fabia vRS - No power

I left my house last night in my vRS (2007 with 50k miles) and the car drove fine for about a mile at 30 mph. When the speed limit changed to 60 mph i pressed down the accelerator pedal and all of a sudden there was a loud noise and no power.

Since it was dark and i was so close to home i drove it back really slowly. The car is really slow and makes a loud noise when you take it over 30 mph. I've done some reading on the forums and it sounds like a pipe might have come off the intercooler. This morning i took a look under the hood and couldnt see any oil leaks or anything that had come off.

Where abouts does this pipe usually pop off? Is there a way to temporarily fix this myself so i can take it to the dealer? My dealer is about 20 miles away and i wanted to know if it would be ok to drive the car there slowly to get it checked out and fixed without causing further damage?

Thanks

If you cant see anything off at the top, then it's probably down by the intercooler. Likely you'll need to remove the bumper to get to it.

If you take the engine cover off and have a peer down by the right side leadlamp, you can see where the pipes go to to the intercooler.

If you have a means of jacking it up securely, take the wheel off and the arch liner out, and you should be able to see the intercooler and the rest of the boost pipes from there.

You should be able to drive the car OK if necessary, I've done about 15 miles before on my Leon with a popped hose. The joins are post-turbo so there's little risk of anything being "sucked in" and causing damage (as at the point of the break the turbo is pushing air out of the break). You'll need to be VERY light on the throttle though, avoid any uphill stretches, and try and do it at a time there's no one on the road because you WILL be going extremely slowly, even if it means getting up early and waiting at the dealer end until they open it's well worth it to avoid any holdups and aggro on the roads